• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Burning in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tragic_monkey

I know normal memory can benefit alot from being burnt in, how bout video memory seen as mine dosent go very high compared to some.
Also of so what would be best, preferably a looping demo not a game so i can leave it running when i go out

ReDeeMeR

I ran 3dmark nature for 2 nights and now I can o/c my memory 10mhz more then I could before (stable) ie 740mhz I'd be proly the first person with these speeds without any cooling on the video card memory.

runsalone

Don't know if it's a fluke or not, but my 8500 and an identical card of my bud's both have different capabilities.

Mine has been used for the last year and a half playing video games, I guess this could be considered burning it in. Well i can overclock the memory speed to 270 mhz with fast memory timings. My friend's card which has only been used about 3 weeks cannot even reach 260 mhz with fast ram timings. Both cards have the same Hynix memory modules.

|3lackmagiK

On the other hand, there is one last way to "burn in" your card. Simply leave your monitor on without a screensaver,

***MAKE SURE TO TAKE NOTE THAT LINUX WORKS MUCH BETTER IF DOING THIS FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS - WINDOWS WILL CRASH IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!!***

It's pretty much what runsalone did, but in a much shorter (1 week?) amount of time.....

I know this worked for me..... running linux and all.

Hope to be of help.

HotKoala

Video burn-in. Just play games for hours or leave on a demo for hours over a couple weeks. Basicly, just use it. Not much different from a processor.

|3lackmagiK said:
On the other hand, there is one last way to "burn in" your card. Simply leave your monitor on without a screensaver,

***MAKE SURE TO TAKE NOTE THAT LINUX WORKS MUCH BETTER IF DOING THIS FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS - WINDOWS WILL CRASH IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!!***

Which forum did you come from? [H] I don't suppose?

|3lackmagiK

? [H]?

Sorry, first forum i've joined to date... cept for a clan one for TFC a long time ago......

Why? what does the significance to H matter? and/or WHAT is H?