• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card cracking up under high fsb??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MDA

Recently purchased some OCZpc3500 (i know wot your thinking!!) and have managed to get up to 200fsb 2.0-2-2-2-5, windows runs fine but on boot up i get wierd blocks of color and odd chaeacters appearing in obscure places. I also get hang ups in 3dmark and 3d games such as unreal2003. All desktop and web functions are fine, which leads me to think its the vga card, should my gainward ti4200 be able to cope with high fsb's like this or am i doing something drastically wrong?

MDA.

Sounds like it can not handle the high fsb to me.How fast is your agp slot running at?

MDA said:
Recently purchased some OCZpc3500 (i know wot your thinking!!) and have managed to get up to 200fsb 2.0-2-2-2-5, windows runs fine but on boot up i get wierd blocks of color and odd chaeacters appearing in obscure places. I also get hang ups in 3dmark and 3d games such as unreal2003. All desktop and web functions are fine, which leads me to think its the vga card, should my gainward ti4200 be able to cope with high fsb's like this or am i doing something drastically wrong?

MDA.
it sounds like you haver it oc'd so high that windows cant handle it and your data is getting scrambled. m$ is going to have to come out with a new os soon because of the processors and ram getting so fast at stock speeds it cant handle it.
weeeee! a new crappy os from m$, just what we all need. :beer:

Re: Re: Video card cracking up under high fsb??

Jerky said:
it sounds like you haver it oc'd so high that windows cant handle it and your data is getting scrambled. m$ is going to have to come out with a new os soon because of the processors and ram getting so fast at stock speeds it cant handle it.
weeeee! a new crappy os from m$, just what we all need. :beer:

i agree

doesn't sound like the operating system to me. you don't have a 1/6 divisor so your agp is definately out of spec. that would be my guess. could also be caused by your hard drive, thats out there too. is windows running of your western digital. my wd causes all sorts of problems at anything above 37.67 mhz. my guess though would be the agp.

Sounds like it can not handle the high fsb to me.How fast is your agp slot running at?

Right now for vga stability my fsb is @ 190 and Sisoft says my agp slot is @ 4 x 96 = 384mhz.

MDA.

Back