• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tory

Registered
Hello,To all

First Merry Christmas to all & family
now i should be gething my MB soon
so i need to ask do i need a Video card
if so could someone please tell me what

would be a good one to go with
the MB is NF7-s v2

Thank you :rolleyes:

Well, it's a long asked question, but I've been looking for a long time and I am going to by ATI. Now it just depends on how much you can spend and if you plan on overclocking it.
I want to buy the 256MB memory version board, but they are not cheap. I feal I will get enough performance out of a top line 128MB version, at a cost effective price.
You just need to do a little research and make some comparisons for yourself. Price and performance between ATI and Nvidia...I'll go with ATI this time.
Good luck and stay in touch. Let us know how your experience goes.

Hello,craigiz1

Thank you

but could you tell me if i need one

Thanks again :rolleyes:

I believe the NFS Rev.2 has no onboard video so yup a video card is required. The card you want depends on your needs and prove preferences. $50 GeForce 4 Mx 440 $100 GeForce 4 Ti 4200 $150-170 ATi 9600xt or Nvidia 5700 Ultra $200-250 Nvidia 5900 nu or Radeon 9800 np. Above that its really your prefrence since the gap is so huge. You can go for an ATI 9800 pro or an Nvidia 5900 ultra or 5950 ultra. Check out the OC3DMark teams site and consult their buyers guide. It's not completely up to date and prices are a tad high but its a good resourse. http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/cardguide.html Just one other thing all of these are my personal opinions, dont believe everything I say. do some of your own reasearc, learn about video cards, and you'll find the best card to suit your needs

Yeah, if you want us to help you more, you need to help us by telling us what you will be using the card for, and what your budget is. Merry HO HO and Happy New Year

I got a BFG 5700 ultra rom NewEgg and it blows my old 5200 ultra out of the water.

kwikgta said:
I got a BFG 5700 ultra rom NewEgg and it blows my old 5200 ultra out of the water.

What kind of 3D Mark 03 score are you getting with it?
I just got a Gainward 5700 Ultra 500/900 and it's pretty dissapointing. I got 3953 3D Marks with it:eek: I was hoping for better.

Some basic information would be useful. What's the processor speed? How much RAM do you have? If you're running a 1Ghz Duron, it doesn't matter if you have a new mobo or top of the line video card because your CPU is the bottleneck.

Randy said:

What kind of 3D Mark 03 score are you getting with it?
I just got a Gainward 5700 Ultra 500/900 and it's pretty dissapointing. I got 3953 3D Marks with it:eek: I was hoping for better.

The 5200 is so poorly made the old 4200 is like2x faster than it in games.

The 5700 is decent but for you to notice any real difference you should have gotten a 5900

The 128bit interface really cripples the card. The 5900s are the ones with the 256bit interface.

Return it and get the 5900 from newegg for 180, it comes with Call of Duty if you want an Nvidia card. I have heard only good things and my personal experience is the same.

I still wish I did not sell my 9500 nonpro though

Back