• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Temperature Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockworth

Registered
Does anyone know of any software utilities that can tell me what the chip temperature of my video card is? Thanks!

RainMaQer

3D God
What video card do you have? VERY few manufactuers include thermal diodes on their vid cards. Asus DELUXE models have temp monitoring... but most don't have it. I'd suggest getting something like a DigiDoc or Compunurse to monitor the temps... or even a temp probe from Radio Shack or something... I use a little temp probe that has a 2 pin connector that hooks up to the JTPower jumper on my motherboard... I just put that RIGHT next to the GPU... pretty accurate too. Running 34C right now... I'm overclocked to 230/500 from a default of 175/400. I'm still trying to figure out if my motherboard adds compensation to that though... I've been told that my mobo adds upto 10C and at least 8C to my temp readings... so it might be lower :D

Radman

Registered
I'ts my understanding that the TDH suffix Leadtek cards have temp monitoring. Since I'm getting a 250 TDH soon (I hope!) I guess I'll see!!

OP
R

Rockworth

Registered
I'm not very big on overclocking, I was just curious if they had some sort of software for it. Thanks anywho! I'm using a VisionTek GeForce 3 Ti500.