• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Game Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KiKaL

Well Mr. Chambers thread on movies made me decide to make on for games. What are your top 3 games?

1. Resident Evil- I love RE...greatest series I have ever played
2. Half-life- One of the greatest FPS ever
3. Doom- Ahh what a great game.

rb26dett

Disabled
My top 3 of all time are *drum roll*

1st choise: Fifa (All)
2nd choise: Warcraft (All series)
3rd choise: Half-life (it was the 1st online game Ive ever played)

Those games are from the top of my head, I cant think now :p

Last edited:

mage_x

1. starcraft(broodwar) BEST game ever! i was top 5 protoss player in the usa before i quit playing about 9 months ago =P. very addicting game

2. final fantasy 7

3. chrono trigger

ahh the greatness of rpgs

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
1. Wolfenstein 3D - this game was awesome
2. Soul Caliber - not for PC but still the best fighting game ever made, nothing touches it.
3. Tomb Raider - loved looking at her ***

NookieN

1- TIE Fighter (Collectors Edtn)

2- The Legend of Zelda

3- Either Jedi Knight (the original) or Autoduel (from way, way back)

TheFrag

Johnny Knoxville said:
3. Tomb Raider - loved looking at her ***

Can't argue with that logic. I must admit that DOA Voleyball is good in its own respect

Mr. Chambers

just how can i limit it to 3?? :)

i'd have to say:

1.) DOOM Series, got me into gaming on PC's as i'm sure it did many of you...

2.) Any of the good starwars games, TIE Fighter in peticular

3.) And half-life of course.. great single player.. great multiplayer.. great mods...

honorable mentions would have to be the Age Of Empire Series and the Sim City Series... :)

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
1. Quake - Any version, really. Still the premier --and best-- FPS game out there.
2. Diablo II and LoD - Great RPG-style game. I still play it quite often.
3. Chrono Cross - Excellent RPG for PlayStation. Multiple endings, about a zillion characters, wonderful backdrops, and an excellent battle engine.

OP
KiKaL

KiKaL

Dont think I have seen a game on any of the list I would have to disagree with for being great

Mr. Chambers

i would like to add FF7 for the PC also.. god i loved that game.. too bad some bastage at school stole my Disc one... i've got the others jut not that one :( i'm this close from buying it somewhere just to have it :D

geldib

Registered
[PC] Its a Split between CS and SOF II Double Helix... CS = Better Gameplay and SOF = better graphics

[N64] Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time Spent about a month on and off play to beat it...

[SNES] Final Fantasy II Probably the greatest rpg to hit the console...

[PS1] Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit My friends and I spent hours upon hours racing and cussing eachother out over this one

oops thats 4

If I had of gotten farther Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver would be in this list but when I got to the second boss he wasn't there... So I bought the strategy guide.... The guide said he would be in the room I was in but he wasn't....

Last edited:

illwillchill

1) Zelda:A Link to the Past, best game on the SNES period.

2) Tie Fighter: collector's edition
I remember playing it on my old POS compaq pent 166 with 24megs of ram. i didn't have a joystick so I had to play it with the mouse, and i broke a mouse taking out a squadron of Awings (damn they're agile!)

3) Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. there's something about the sound a thompson smg makes that pleases my ear.:)

Gnerma

Gnerma's top 3 games of all time!

1) Xenogears (PSX)

Although it had a few flaws I can't begin to describe how much I enjoyed this game. It has everything I love, a complex plot, good gameplay, and length.

2) Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)

A very close second to Xenogears.

3) Unreal Tournament (PC)

The first online game I really got into, God knows how many hours I logged playing this game.

Mr. Chambers said:
i would like to add FF7 for the PC also.. god i loved that game.. too bad some bastage at school stole my Disc one... i've got the others jut not that one :( i'm this close from buying it somewhere just to have it :D

Don't buy it again, FF7 (PC) refuses to run on XP/2K.

DarkArctic

1. Homeworld Cataclysm - Excellent strategy and storyline.
2. Starcraft Broodwar - Again... :)
3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Just plain fun at a LAN

I can't wait for Homeworld 2. :D:D:D:D

-DarkArctic