• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video problem ... please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joker76

I am running the following system:

Classic Athlon 800 MHz
Asus K7V mobo
Hercules GF2 GTS 64 MB
384 MB PC-133 RAM

Anyway, the video worked flawless up until about 5 days ago. I got a newer system that I installed the video card in and started having problems running Medal of Honor. So, I went back to my old system, did a clean install of Windows, mobo drivers and sound and vid. card drivers. Now, Medal of Honor runs great in single player, it's multiplayer where I have the problem. It seems like everytime I go to shoot or someone shoots at me, my video slows down and it gets all choppy. I know it's not lag, because I am pinging the servers at like 70 ms or less on my cable connection. Can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? Thanks.

Mr. Chambers

joker, i am having this exact same problem, i put together my new system, and my old one based on my signiture for the most part, used to play diablo2 fine, but now its all choppy... could it be my ****ty generic modem or sound card? if you find out what it is, plz email me or let me know, thanks!

[email protected]

David

Forums Super Moderator
It seems like a conflict to me - or possibly a game problem - perhaps the game engine cannot cope with graphics and netplay at the same time. Perhaps email the technical support to see if other people have had this problem?
As usual, make sure that you have all of the latest drivers.

KaHNZa

PenguinFreak said:
It seems like a conflict to me - or possibly a game problem - perhaps the game engine cannot cope with graphics and netplay at the same time. Perhaps email the technical support to see if other people have had this problem?
As usual, make sure that you have all of the latest drivers.

And make sure you have the latest patches for the game.

OP
Joker76

Joker76

Well, I've re-installed Windows and all my drivers 4 times now. I've also re-instaled the game several times as well. Nothing seems to clear this up. I have the patch for the game as well. Like I said, it was working fine before ... I'm lost. Is it possible I may have done something to my video card while OCing? If so, then why would the game run smooth in single player?

RnPgrosz

Have you checked device manager for device conflicts? Or possibly an IRQ conflict or 2 devices on the same IRQ. That could explain the problems your having.

MoPMatrix

rnpgrosz said:
Have you checked device manager for device conflicts? Or possibly an IRQ conflict or 2 devices on the same IRQ. That could explain the problems your having.

Thats what it sounds like to me,, maybe ur nic and vid cards are on the same irc...

turd

did u do anything with your dir x, cause i have seen that do some strange things

OP
Joker76

Joker76

rnpgrosz said:

Device Manager says there are no conflicts. Yet when I click properties for my devices they all say IRQ 09 (Modem, Vid card, NIC ... ). Could this be my problem? A I going to have to manually assign the IRQs in the BIOS?

MoPMatrix

Joker76 said:

Device Manager says there are no conflicts. Yet when I click properties for my devices they all say IRQ 09 (Modem, Vid card, NIC ... ). Could this be my problem? A I going to have to manually assign the IRQs in the BIOS?

Just try disabling PnP OS in ur bios, see if that helps...
Lets ur bios handle the IRCs insted of windows, from what I understand anyway...

My nic card is on IRC 10 and my vid card is on 11....

RnPgrosz

Yes, Just because there isn't a device conflict in device manager(usually because of bad drivers) doesn't mean that their isn't some kind of irq problem. Possibly 2 devices on the same irq and some devices don't work well that way.