• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vidpin wrappinng only raised default voltage slightly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tiki

As the subject says I did the vidpin wrapping and it only raised the default on my tualatin 1.3 from a v-core of 1.5 to 1.6 and only allowed me to raise overall voltage to 1.7. I thought it was supposed to raise the vcore default to 1.675? Most I was able to get out of it and have it stable was a FSB of 125 @ 1625 mghz. Not bad I must say but I still want to get more out of it.

I know that cooling isn't a problem nor is the ram or any of the components. Temps at full load were 38C and idle was 29C ( I keep it very cold in my house) and I've have this board (Abit vh6-t) run over a FSB of 128 with my old Celeron 950 with all my current components in it. Any ideas on what I did wrong by any chance?

Currently though I've brought it back to the regular 1.3 ghz and run everything at stock speeds. I was sick and effing tired of how loud the thing was because of the cooling needed. So I ripped of the delta fan and did some jimmy rigging and hooked up 80 mm sunon fan to the heatsink. While it runs a bit warmer (maybe 2 or 3C) it's alot quieter. Although when I do overclock hopefully I'll have my watercooling solution all setup (I'm going to make the waterblock and everything myself). What kind of possible obtainable speeds could I possibly see with the watercooling when I do it? Thanks for all your help