• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viewsonic VP171S OSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocmpg

Registered
I recently picked up one of these for home and it's a truly boss LCD. The only problem I have with it is it constantly throws up the On screen display video source (eg: blue square window with the word 'Digital') every time it detects what might be an input change. I only use the DVI connector. There doens't appear to be an option for enabling/disabling this in the setup.

It display at boot, windows start up, windows login, start of any game, resolution switch during game. Gah! enough! I could see if I had the analog plugged in too but I don't.

Has anyone seen this and do you have a solution? I've looked through the Viewsonic sight for this and found nothing. I have not tried to contact them.

Last edited:
I think your going to have to live with it. My samsung does the same thing, only it's just the word digital in the top right corner in yellow print.

I think you're right, I will have to live with it. Not the end of the world. At least yours isn't smack dab in the center.

I actually contacted Viewsonic and requested a copy of the user manual and asked them the same question. In return they sent a PDF of the user manual which was in Polish (or something). In browsing through it I didn't see anything that resembled a reference to this issue.

I have a VP191S, the OSD only seemed to do it with resolution and / or refresh rate change...so basically playing all your games in 1280x1024 will solve this problem after you have got to the windows loaded stage (apart from certain games which may have lower resolution menus) - also I recommend applying a refresh fix to ensure your refresh rate is not changing.

Back