• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viotek 27 inch keeps getting stuck pixels all over

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cnaydmancangt

I purchased this GN27D back in Feb, was about $400 on amazon, its a curved 2560x1440 144hz VA samsung panel. It works great since i solved the black screen flicker problem after trying 3 different DP cables (DP cables all seem to be junk) but one thing that has been bugging me is the stuck pixels. I never noticed it until after 30 days of owning it because i wasnt looking for it. But the monitor randomly will have like 20-30 stuck pixels randomly placed on the screen. They just suddenly show up and they are all grey.black in color.

Ill be on a webpage with a white background and this is when i see them. They are never any color except grey.black and its hard to see them until you look at the monitor at angles usually. I can take my eyeglass cloth to clean the lense and rub the pixel gently barely pushing and itll go back to normal. So i take the cloth with 3 fingers and just rub the entire screen gently barely pressing just enough like im dusting it and the pixels all go back to normal. Viotek RMA has a 1 dead pixel policy and I do have 1 solid black dead pixel on the corner very obvious to see when you look its a big pixel bigger then the ones getting stuck. And i think a 2-3-4-5 stuck or whatever pixel policy so i deff meet that i think. But they want me to have the original box.. lol i have the invoice and receipt but the box.. who keeps the original monitor box in their house after 6 months.. I kept it for a month but with all the upgrades i did id have like 30 boxes laying around so i tossed all the larger ones.. and thats a stupid policy to begin with.

So what should I do ? And has anyone ever heard of pixels getting stuck grey.black and coming back after you get them unstuck ? AND this amount of them too ?

its always a good idea to hang onto monitor and case boxes until the warranty expires. both are a pita to box up for shipping for re-sale or warranty issues. i would be really uncomfortable keeping a monitor if its already having problems after only 6 months.

Well i cant keep that many boxes.. some significant other bitchs when the house is cluttered with them lol.. even if i put em in the corner somewhere.. yea.. i have to deal with that lol. Pushing on a screen doesnt hurt anything if your lightly touching it. Litterally its like the weight of my finger on it if that makes sense..

Ill the pixel de-sticker.. but with the pixels being grey/black and not a color i almost seems like the pixels arent even activating and touching them gets em working again.. i would imagine if they were stuck itd be different colors ?

Back