• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiontek Geforce ti4200 HSF question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tuan209

Registered
Hi, is there anyway i can remove the heatsink of this card? I was told it was GLUED on the card! Is there a safe method to remove it w/o damaging the card? I want to water cool it.

One trick you could try is using a hair dryer or hot air gun ( :eek: ) to get the heatsink warm. Should soften the adhesive. Give the heatsink a twist like opening a bottle. Should come off. What I use to clean off the adhesive is WD-40 then rubbing alcohol.

Others might have better ideas.

i know for epoxy your supposed to freeze....if you do this don't fire your card up for a couple of hours (make sure all moisture has evaped!). Try freezing it...then twist it off like a bottle cap, if that doesn't work heat it up!

Has anyone done this before with this particular card?(Visiontek Geforce ti4200 128mb) If so I will give it a shot. I called visiontek and they said the heatsink was GLUED on the card and could not be taken off.

Tuan209 said:
Has anyone done this before with this particular card?(Visiontek Geforce ti4200 128mb) If so I will give it a shot. I called visiontek and they said the heatsink was GLUED on the card and could not be taken off.

Does the heatsink look like this?

link--->http://www.exhardware.com/reviews/xtasy4200/visiontek5s.jpg

If your old GPU heatsink is epoxied on, put your graphics card in the freezer for a while, then using dental floss or another strong thread or wire to slowly cut through the epoxy. <-- from here http://www.hardwareaccelerated.com/content/reviews/thermaltakegf4cooler/

Last edited:
thx for the help! great work! i was going to sell this bad boy, good thing i posted a question here. thx for all the help.

Back