• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiontek HD 5850 for $252 - shipped free

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
I don't trust any of these Dell deals, reminds be of the 8800GT scam they had and many other sour deals

jivetrky

That is a great deal (Although I couldn't get away with it from the wife; when she finds out about the 2x 4850's, Thermalright T-RAD2 GTX, and Thermalright VenemousX I just bought, I'm pretty sure I'll get reamed!)

But buyers might note the leadtime listed on Dell's site:

Usually Ships 3-5 Weeks

EDIT: BTW, I added to cart just to test, and tax for me brought this up to $269.63; still a great deal over other places just wanted ppl to remember tax (if it applies to their state, not sure where all Dell is located)

only.one.ryder

Registered
I had to bite on the old gtx 260 cards for 113 from dell. it may have took 2 week to get at my house but the deal went down just fine.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Perfect timing, just when I was shopping for a new card to replace my 8800gts. $15.12 tax + coupon = $267.11 still 10% cheaper than Newegg's cheapest 5850. The only gripe- ships in 3-5 weeks. I don't know what the actual turn around time or shipping time would be yet.

OP
mattspalace

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
When I first listed the deal, it was 1-2 days, so it's probably out of stock. But they'll take the order and ship it when they come in I'm sure.

mrgoodkat

The only gripe- ships in 3-5 weeks. I don't know what the actual turn around time or shipping time would be yet.

Unless it has something to do with the availability of the 5850 specifically, I would expect it much sooner. Dell always lists unrealistic ship-in times. Ive bought monitors from them that were listed as shipping in 2-4 weeks, and they shipped same day, arrived 2 days later. Would have never known if I hadn't called. And they don't skimp on shipping. They pony up for 2 day a lot of the time.

I really like Dell. Their CS sucks, but I'm a big fan of their monitors since I bought my first back in '99 (still have it, zero dp's), and they ship fast.

psionic98

I so woulda splurged on this deal if my system was still being built.. even waiting 2-4 weeks!

Sulla

Disabled
I wish this would have came up when I was buying mine because Visiontek just so happens to be my favorite brand.