• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiontek R9 290 at DELL for $474 with F/S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Edit: Dead deal - price up to $579 and no longer in stock - 3 to 5 week wait.

Don't know if anyone is in the market of a 290 (reference design), but DELL has the Visiontek model in stock for $474.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cid=274207&lid=5128525&acd=12309196588294292

Includes free shipping and the return policy on these is pretty good (30 days, free return shipping and no restock fee).

Buy Dell PCs, electronics or accessories now and get free 5- to 7-day ground shipping. It’s easy, with no minimum purchase required. And if you decide something isn’t for you, just ship it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee.*
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaigns/free-shipping-easy-returns?~ck=pn

Last edited:
Yeah, the coupon code is what I was talking about... apologies if that is still a deal without it. :)

That is a steal for a 290 these days. I wish I had the cash to go for it.

Plan the extra cash to get a cooler for that thing because the stock one is horrible unless you enjoy living in a hurricane.

That is a steal for a 290 these days. I wish I had the cash to go for it.

Plan the extra cash to get a cooler for that thing because the stock one is horrible unless you enjoy living in a hurricane.

Something like a leaf blower is how I've had them described to me. :)

Neither sounds appealing....but fortunately there is that generous return policy should it be too much to bear.

They aren't quiet. At all. But I have a very very quiet computer and for the the couple of days mine was air cooled it did not overly bother me. The high pitched whine of my McP-35x is much much worse than a stock 290, to my ears. It isn't even in the same league of noise as my reference 7950 was.

That was at system managed fan profile of course. I dared not run it at 100%.

Just an FYI...from reading thru a thread about these on another site, it appears that DELL may be waiting on stock, and does not have them on hand as their product page would make it appear.

Some guys posted that they called DELL about cancelling their orders and were told they expected the stock in about a week, or so, and to entice them not to cancel their orders they were offered discounts ranging from $25-$40.

Not a huge amount and if you have better alternatives, then certainly not worth waiting, however, if you are willing to wait, then you might consider giving them a call and seeing if you can't get them to knock off a little bit off the price for you.

Good info, thanks Reefa.

Mine has said expected delivery date for the 24th since the day after I put in my order.

Yeah, evidently everyone else is getting the same type of "order progress"...or lack thereof. :)

They canceled my order for suspected fraud, and then when I re-ordered with a fresh account, I saw it was 3-5 weeks.

In addition to it now showing a 3-5 week wait, the price is up to $579...plus shipping.

Wonder if they will honor any of those orders at $474?

Back