• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VISIONTEK Xtasy 5632 or Radeon LE DDR 32MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jspam

My current video card is a Radeon LE 32mb DDR. I purchased it thinking that it would give me decent proformance, but I am kind of disapointed with it. I saw on new egg that for 48 dollars I can get a VISIONTEK Xtasy 5632 GEFORCE2 GTS-V 4X/2X 32MB DDR AGP - OEM. Would this card give me a boost in proformance over the Radeon LE. I am also open to suggestions on Geforce2 MX 200, MX 400, and MX 440.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
What is wrong with the Radeon LE? I used one for a while and it was nice. Be sure to do the tweaks at anandtech here to make it into a 'real' Radeon. Easy to do and should be helpful.

Oh, and if those are the other cards you are looking at...don't bother. The GF2 MX would be worse, and the GTS would probably be marginally better at best (ie: you'll only notice it in benchmarks.) Save your money for a GF4 Ti 4200 or a Radeon 8500LE - THEN you will notice a difference.

OP
jspam

jspam

Ive already applied all of the tweaks to make the LE a full radeon and have even overclocked, but it is still horrible. One thing that I found kind of funny when I got the card when I received it is that it came with a stock fan. Do you know if ATI made an LEs with a stock fan?

My brother has a Card Expert Geforce2 MX 200 and it runs games better than my Radeon LE (I put his card in my computer)

funnyperson1

hmm it sounds to me that you have gotten a radeon VE instead of an LE...the LE is at least twice as fast as any MX200....

OP
jspam

jspam

Another goofy think is that Windows XP tells me it is a 7200, but memory is definately DDR and isnt the 7200 SDR?

funnyperson1

hmm newegg doesnt sell a Radeon LEthey only have a VE and a regular 32mb DDR.....seriously the Le should be a LOT better than an MX200....the MX200 is crap...

OP
jspam

jspam

I got the "LE" that I have right now at ww.tcwo.com. They had a special on LEs about one month ago for 36 dollars. They dont have them any more.