• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista sp1 wont work!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I have bee trying for the past week to get windows update to instal sp1 but I get multiple errors like 80070002 and 80072ee2. I tried to download it from m$ but when I clicked on it nothing happend. Ive restarted many times and did what the vista help told me to but it still wont work:mad:! I have no idea what to do! If you guys cant help me I may have to call microsoft:eek:! I have vista home premium 32bit.

Blkout

I believe you're missing some files that SP1 is looking for when updating. My advice is to do a repair install of Vista and then try to install SP1 again.

vixro

No, but if you used vLite like said above then it won't install. When you are missing files it fails. Repair/clean install with a full version is the best option here to make sure it works.

OP
cabose1227

cabose1227

I am ****ed :mad:! I cant get it to work, I dont have any more codes so I cant reinstal and I dont have the cash to buy a new os. I want to be able to update windows! If anyone can help I will be very great full. I have tried all I know.

meionm

I couldn't update my laptop with sp1. Evertime it started running update, few minutes after starting, it would come up with error. I tried few times and it was always the same error. I did download sp1 from microsoft few times and it didn't work. Funny thing I downloaded sp1 via torrent which worked.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
Only MS can legally distribute their software. Any one else posting software from MS is doing so illegally. The fact that you said you don't have anymore codes very fishy. If it is a legal MS OEM operating system you can install it as many times as you want on the same machine or if it's retail, you can use it as many times as you want on one box.

OP
cabose1227

cabose1227

My work supplies me with one code for each of the os's, and they only work once and I can only have one. My work did that thing were they pay money to have acces to all of ms stuff. I just want to know how to fix this thing!