• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visual Studio 6.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CKY WC

What are the VS6.0 requirements? more specificly vb6 and msdn 6a w/ sp5?

XWRed1

You don't need to buy and install VB6 or MSDN docs to install and run VS6.

Krieger

VS6.0 contains all the microsoft platform IDE's and Compilers(including VB6) and if you have all the disks... one(or 2)of them is the MSDN disk(s). Which I highly recommend you install if you are going to be using it. It has a ton of info you might need.

Krieger

I would not really worry about it. I've used it on machines running from 266mhz with 32 megs(a little slow) to brand new systems. There really are no requirements. Just bare in mind that the more files you open the more ram you are going to use up. It can get pretty hairy when debugging a tier-n application that has alot of classes, modules, and forms.

AltecXP

im asking cuz im in the market for a used lap top i want to run win2k, office2k and vb6.0

moorcito

im asking cuz im in the market for a used lap top i want to run win2k, office2k and vb6.0

I have a friend who has a laptop, P-133MMX w/ 32mb ram, who runs win98 and VS6.0.

I'm not sure how it would run with win2k, but he hasn't complained yet. So, I'm pretty sure that you are safe with anything.