• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViVo Problems with Gigabyte 6600GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaladineUK

I have a problem with ViVo. I am trying to run svideo in via the breakout box from my digital TV set top box.

I have dual Gigabyte 6600GT 128MB with ViVo cards in my system on an SLI board (although I don't currently have SLI enabled).

I have 2 CRT monitors connected to one of the graphics cards and nothing on the second card.

I know the SVideo out connection on my settop box works because I can play the stream through my Projector when it is connected to the set top box's svideo out cable. But I cannot for the life of me get my PC to play the stream using my 6600GT irrespective of whether I put the breakout into the graphics card with nothing on it or the graphics card with both crt monitors on it.

It is driving me up the wall, because I don't want to buy a PCI tv tuner as the ViVo feature on my cards should be able to receive the signal.

I have tried to make it work in :

VLC
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Windows Movie Maker

I have installed the WDM drivers (4.09) and I have the latest NVidia Driver pack installed as well.

If anyone has any idea what is wrong and can help in any way, I would very much appreciate it. Also if anyone has used SVideo In whilst running 2x Gigabyte 6600GT with the breakout box, I would appreciate it if you could outline what you installed and how, to make it work.

In VLC I am only seeing a signal when I have the breakout plugged into the same card as my 2 CRT monitors. It sees a signal in all formats (PAL, NTSC and SECAM) from the config screen but it cannot display the stream.

I am truly lost on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Back