• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volcano 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

littlerichie

Registered
hmmm. VERY WEIRD?
USING THE VOLCANO 2 HEATSINK.
scrapped off sticky garbage off bottom of heatsink
then i scrapprd down to bare aluminum then arctic
silver to 850 duron, then clamped the heatsink down
downloaded win 98se, then aopen mobo software
it tells me that just after downloading that cpu temps
is at 0c .
i simply cannot explain this since everyone else
is reporting unusually high temps with this heatsink
p.s. i know this type of software is not completely
accurate but 0c is pretty damn good if you ask me.
david

It is not correct. There is no way a Duron 850 would hit 0C on that kind of cooler, you wouldn't even get that low with water cooling. You would need a peltier at least to do it, unless of course your room temperature is about -10 C, then you could do it when that heatsink :)

Aaorn

something is broke, there is no way you could get that with any hsf, much less a volcano II. Not even water cooling will get it that low, maybe going to acetone and dry ice would though. What does your bios tell you the temps are? That would be much more accurate and tell you whether your prob is with SE or with the Thermistor.

dunno260 (May 21, 2001 06:23 p.m.):
something is broke, there is no way you could get that with any hsf, much less a volcano II. Not even water cooling will get it that low, maybe going to acetone and dry ice would though. What does your bios tell you the temps are? That would be much more accurate and tell you whether your prob is with SE or with the Thermistor.

actually i found out it is defective mobo
the kt-133 chipset is defective i think
i went to change the monitor setting and ok`d
changes bang the hard drive went dead ,
double the power button (nothing).
thanks for your input though. david

Back