• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

Is this a good enough heatsink to cool my xp1600+ to near 2ghz ? i have been looking at the slk800 and have been told its one of the best but the price is rediculous in the uk, i have also been told that the volano 7 is good but would it be good enough ?

jlin453

Get a slk700. It's a lot cheaper at $26.99 or so. Pair it with a high output fan and you're good to go.

For the volcano 7+, the difference between the lowest setting(low output/low noise) and the highest setting(49cfm/47dba) is only about 4C,which to me isn't worth all the noise. I just leave it on low, and my temps aren't too bad.

Last edited:

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
The Volcano 7+ is worth the money if you are willing to spend it. But, it is noisy. The Volcano 7's aren't as good because they only have a copper insert, rather than being all copper. But, they do perform fairly well. If you intend to push your CPU as high as you can, make an investment into a good heatsink.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
CrystalMethod said:
The Volcano 7+ is worth the money if you are willing to spend it. But, it is noisy. The Volcano 7's aren't as good because they only have a copper insert, rather than being all copper. But, they do perform fairly well. If you intend to push your CPU as high as you can, make an investment into a good heatsink.

I think your refering to the Volcano 7, the Volcano 7+ is entirely copper :)

Volcano 7+

v7plus2Ba.jpg

Volcano 7 (with Copper insert)

0030.jpg

Felix

Registered
I too, suspect that he is referring to the Volcano 7. The fact that he said "Volcano 7" strongly suggests that he might be talking about the Volcano 7 :p

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

the fact that i sed volcano 7+ in the subject tab means im talkin bout the 7+ all copper heatsink hehe ;) wud it be good enough to cool xp1600 to 2ghz or close ?