• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 9 adjustable fan speed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick1817

Registered
Mine seems to be stuck at full speed. I have removed the jumper, and the nob run to the front.
When I turn the nob, certain "hot spots" will slow it down, temporarily. It worked fine for about an hour, then left comp for a bit and it dam near woke me up at full speed.
Any ideas?

lazerin

Well, if you noticed that it was working fine, then clearly you did set it up correctly. My suggestion to you is to return it to the retailer without messing around with it, or else, that might void your warranty :)

Robin Hood

Nick1817 said:
Mine seems to be stuck at full speed. I have removed the jumper, and the nob run to the front.
When I turn the nob, certain "hot spots" will slow it down, temporarily. It worked fine for about an hour, then left comp for a bit and it dam near woke me up at full speed.
Any ideas?

Assuming you only have the manual control connected (and not the chip sensor as well), then you might have a dicky reo'.

OP
N

Nick1817

Registered
Well, I let it sit overnight.
the fan knob is set at low and the fan is running low.
But after a bit it speeds up on its own again. I have no idea here.

Robin Hood

Yes - send it back. I hope you bought it from a local shop, because if you have to foot the postage of the complete HSF - might cost nearly as much as a replacement Smart Fan II. ;)

OP
N

Nick1817

Registered
Robin Hood said:
Yes - send it back. I hope you bought it from a local shop, because if you have to foot the postage of the complete HSF - might cost nearly as much as a replacement Smart Fan II. ;)
From NewEgg.
Bah So I am just SOL.
I will just get another fan, doesnt even have to be a smart case.
Maybe a blue led fan would be ok, who knows