• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano6 Is A Pos!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Ok, i was lapping my volcano6, and i started to see silver. Hmm, i thought. I scratched at it and discovered that trademark copper middle is just a bit of copper plating, and on top is another plate to make you think it goes all the way through. IM SOO MAD, that i put it in my k6-2. Cools that well, but COME ON THERMALTAKE, YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!

I watercool now, thats why a k6 has the V6, glad i didnt have to use it as a paperweight, 14$ paperweight is pretty bad....

How disappointing, I have one arriving monday that I purchased and recommended for a friend. Wow do I feel like a chump. Well at least it was only $11.00.

the 7+ is solid copper, my only gripe is the 70mm fan instead of an 80mm one, i think i may be modding soon. and that is pretty low to put two plates to make it appear somthing it is not...

I'm satisfied with my V9 on my 2100 tbred, if I wonder if its insert is really copper??

RuKK said:
It'll be a miracle if I ever buy another thermaltake product.. :mad:

I feel your pain, they are on my "vendors who's products really suck even thought they look cool" list.

ToledoSteel said:

I feel your pain, they are on my "vendors who's products really suck even thought they look cool" list.

Thermaltake isn't that bad, but thats why you don't get 10 dollar heatsinks

Why are thermaltake Hsf's so popular ?
Thermaltake stuff is pretty good value for money, they have pretty packaging and excellent marketing.
How do they perform when compared to Swiftech, thermalright, alpha etc ?
They have pretty packaging and excellent marketing, :D

The V6 is what...2yr old technology now...that doesn't surpise me at all about it being copper coated...a few years ago copper was pretty expensive...and instead of changing the V6 to full copper now...it is still cheaper to just keep the templets and molds the same...like the saying goes...if it isn't broken, then don't change it...

But at the same time...you get what you pay for...you pay for a cheap CPU HS...then you get a cheap HS...and 11.00 is pretty cheap for a HS...

glock19owner said:
The V6 is what...2yr old technology now...that doesn't surpise me at all about it being copper coated...a few years ago copper was pretty expensive...and instead of changing the V6 to full copper now...it is still cheaper to just keep the templets and molds the same...like the saying goes...if it isn't broken, then don't change it...

But at the same time...you get what you pay for...you pay for a cheap CPU HS...then you get a cheap HS...and 11.00 is pretty cheap for a HS...

But they INTENTIONALLY put copper coating on both sides of the heatsink to make it look like the copper core went all the way though. It was very deceiving of them, and it will prevent me from ever buying another Thermaltake product again.

Thats your choice...but at the time it was made...that was probably the best and cheapest way for them to make it...I still use the V6cu on my OCed XP2000 (1850) and the max it gets is around 55c...this is running 1.9v's and in a hot room with only 2 fans..one exhaust and one intake...and AS...not AS3...

you guys should try to contact thermaltake directly on this issue, thats false advertisement. now i know what heatsink brand NOT to buy. i wonder if the V7-V11 are the same way? lets thank thermaltake for being the band of communists that they are.

Back