• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volt-mod 1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

I need a way to volt mod an 1800+ to get above 1.725. is there a methode to do this by connecting pins on bottom of cpu or any other way. thanx

juliendogg

i'm fairly certain there is a method using the bridges to make a cup default to a diff vcore. it is generally much easier to do a mod on the mobo to essentially "trick" the voltage regulater into thinking the cpu isn't getting enough and pump it a bit more. as
PLtNmHeLiX said, post your motherboard model and manufacturer and someone should be able to help you more.

good luck,
J.

OP
f00t

f00t

mobo- abit kr7a (normal)
I got the 1800+(jiuhb/dut3c) up to 2.2ghz but it was unstable at 1.725v. I couldn't increase the voltage throught the bios but I know that this mobo can do higher voltages than 1.725v. thanx for the answers

raz0469

Registered
While you guys are helping him out, I need the same info for my Asus A7V333 rev 1.01, as it won't let me go past 1.7 with my 1700. However with my 2000, it went up to 1.85 I think.

And I have already tried using the jumper on the mobo that is supposed to allow unlimited voltage, however it seems that it doesn't do a darn thing. Any help is appreciated.

hitechjb1

f00t said:
mobo- abit kr7a (normal)
I got the 1800+(jiuhb/dut3c) up to 2.2ghz but it was unstable at 1.725v. I couldn't increase the voltage throught the bios but I know that this mobo can do higher voltages than 1.725v. thanx for the answers

This is one of the many link on the web that describes how to do various Vmod on the KR7A.

I haven't tried and checked the correctness of the content myself. It is just for your reference.

KX7-333R / AT-7 / KR7A / KG7 Guide to Voltage Modifications

One comment, current most doing Vmod would not solder directly onto the components, but rather use smaller grabber such as SMD.

Also I prefer using fixed resistor instead of VR to minimize drift, vibration and accidental changes.

Robin Hood

You can wire the pins of the CPU but the socket trick here is easier - I've done it on my sig. rig.

You can also jump the corrisponding socket pins on the underside of the mobo - which I have seen at Lost Ciruits.

RafaDel

This is quite simple...

Go to OCinside site and find the Interactive painting guide.

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

Then choose 1.6V that is your factory voltage. You will see in the L7 bridges some thing like | - | - |

Now if you close 2 a 4 L7 bridges (| | | | |) with superbond + conductive ink you will have 1.85V. Alternativelly just close the 4 L7 bridge (1.65V) and check if your mobo can deal with higher voltages from the BIOS.

Enjoy

OP
f00t

f00t

thanx for the quick replies. that was exactly what I needed to do the job