• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volt mod???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cube

A Volt Mod, or Voltage Modification, increases the voltage going to your GPU and video RAM, sometimes helping the card overclock better. Typically by adding resistors to certain leads on the video cards. As for a volt mod for FX cards, I don't think anyone has done one yet.

Here's an example: GeForce4 Voltage Modification

walldow

Cube said:
A Volt Mod, or Voltage Modification, increases the voltage going to your GPU and video RAM, sometimes helping the card overclock better. Typically by adding resistors to certain leads on the video cards. As for a volt mod for FX cards, I don't think anyone has done one yet.

Here's an example: GeForce4 Voltage Modification

ther are voltage mode controllers on the card that regulate the voltage. one of the legs or pins on the voltage mode controller is called a "sence" it sences how mutch voltage is going to the gpu or memory on the card. if the voltage is to low or to high the cence tells the voltage mode contoler and the correct amount is ether added or taken to compencate. what you have to do is trick the sence leg into thinking it's not getting enough voltage, then the voltage mode controler will send more voltage to the card. you can trick the voltage mode controler be putting potantiometer or "pot" as most people call them at the sence leg. this sends some ov the voltage to groud tricking the sence into thinking it's not getting enough voltage and the voltage mode controler will give added voltage to compencate!

i've looked everywhere on the net and havn't saw anyone or instructions on how to do one for a fx yet. the voltage mode controlers are differant than my ti 4200 an i havn't ben able to find a pdf file on them yet to see which is the sence leg to conect the pots too.

if any knows where to get the pdf file for the 6225a voltage mode controller please give me a pm. i done a google search but its in a differant language and i don't like installing language packs it clock up the system.