• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volt moddin' Ti 4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

I was going to attempt to volt mod my card today but it looks as tho I need a smaller soldering iron so i dont solder the sence leg to another leg on the SC1102 controller for the VGPU and VMEM causing both the memory and gpu to go to ground with no resistance. This wud cause the controller to send unlimited amounts of voltage to the components, frying the core and mem almost instantly. Did any1 else who has done this mod find it hard not to join other legs when adding a wire to pins 11 and 14?

Another problem i had was my card is a Winfast A250TD 64MB...I found the Vmem voltage testing legs but there were NO noticable capactiors i cud use for testing the output voltage on teh gpu. Instead of having 2 large capacitors, i had 4 smaller purple capacitors as appose to 2 small and 2 large grey ones. I was going on the basis of this tutorial ABIT Siluro Ti4200 OTES found here ... http://www.xtremesystems.org/mricee/SILURO Ti4200 OTES/Ti4200voltmods.htm

I wud appriciate any help :) thanks guys...gazz

Maybe this helps you. BTW there's no need to solder anything to pin 14, connect it to ground anywhere instead. If you've got a soldering iron w/ removable tip, fix it in a drilling machine and file it till it is peaked like a needle.

Back