• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Mod for the Soyo SY-KT400 Dragon Ultra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charleybot

Registered
I noticed the other day there is information on how to do a voltage mod to this motherboard which I found here:
http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/soyo_sy_k7v_dragon_plus_vcore.html

I did this mod to my SY-KT400 Dragon Ultra and have had no problems other than the PC health status in the bios, does not show the correct voltage. I did gain a 0.2v increase (If I set the CPU voltage in the bios to 1.6 it shows 1.85v) HOWEVER I have to use the Soyo hardware monitor software, this seems to be the only thing that shows it correctly.

I would think that the PC health status in the bios would show this correctly, however it does not. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I've also re-checked my connections and have my resistor insulated with heatshrink tubing.

v8vega350

i havent done the volt mod yet but i would like to know what the stripes are on the resistor you used just to make sure i get the right one. or does it not matter

v8vega350

i just need to find out the Tolerances to use in the link at the top it says to use a 10k ohm resistor but it dont say what Tolerance to use they just say 1/4 watt

mw521

I always use the best tolerance I can get easily, at least 5%, they arent expensive and its the best way to go.

mw521

The lower the percentage the better the resistor. I think you can get a 10% at radio shack, thats an easy one. You don't necessarily have to use a high quality one ie: 5% or better, but if you like to use quality components then get one. They will keep your specs within range better than a 20% one. This is a really inexpensive item, so go with the best you can get. Just my opinion!:beer:

v8vega350

charleybot said:
I noticed the other day there is information on how to do a voltage mod to this motherboard which I found here:
http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/soyo_sy_k7v_dragon_plus_vcore.html

I did this mod to my SY-KT400 Dragon Ultra and have had no problems other than the PC health status in the bios, does not show the correct voltage. I did gain a 0.2v increase (If I set the CPU voltage in the bios to 1.6 it shows 1.85v) HOWEVER I have to use the Soyo hardware monitor software, this seems to be the only thing that shows it correctly.

I would think that the PC health status in the bios would show this correctly, however it does not. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I've also re-checked my connections and have my resistor insulated with heatshrink tubing.

i did the volt mod and i didnt check the voltage at 1.6 volts but the weird thing is if i set the voltage @1.75 volts thats what i get i check a few and what ever i set it to it gives me that voltage execpt when i set it to default then it will give me the full 2.04 volts but in bios it does show that it has 2.03 volts to the core.
so i am having your problem also

Last edited:

v8vega350

also when i did it i used the same resistor and when i set it to 1.85 volts itstead of 2.04 it gives me 2.14volts but now i am getting shut downs when it tries to boot windows when i try to go above 1913 with only 2.04 volts it would do that at 1900 so i might have a psu problem

Last edited:

v8vega350

well i went to raido shack and bought a pack of resistors that said 10k ohm 1/4 watt 5% tolerance but at 1.525 volts it is @ 1.75 unless you can put them it backawds and get it higher i dont know but thats all i did

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
v8vega350 said:
1.525 volts it is @ 1.75 unless you can put them it backawds and get it higher i dont

That may be as close as you can get to the .2 volt diff. Just remember when you set you vcore it will be 225 diff then what you set it at.