• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

I have my voltage set at 1.78 by default. I really want to break 2ghz on air cooling but i know my chances are verrrrrrry slim. I at least want to break over 177 fsb and so forth so i was curious if 1.78 is a low voltage and should go to 1.85 or to 2 or is doing this not worth it and just risking my comp :eek: My temps seem pretty low for aircooling so i was thinking i could posibly up it. Any advice?

PS-my specs are in my sig :) :cool:

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
vcore

I would raise the voltage to at least 1.85 if your temps are ok. R
aise the vdimm too, it may help you get the FSB up.

OP
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

raise the vdimm to what, lol i never touched those other settings yet, too scared :D

The Coolest

raise it by 0.05 or 0.1 and see what happens. the vdimm should be fine to upto about 2.8, then I'd get some RAM cooling

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
ram

I think your board offers +.1v, +.2v, and +.3v for vdimm. Default is 2.5v. I run mine at 2.85v. Go for 1.85vcore and +.2v vdimm, and try for more FSB. If you hit some instability, try raising the vdimm up to +.3v and see if it helps.

OP
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

ok i raised the vdimm to +.2v and got up to 160 fsb stable. I didn't know how to up the vcore because it seemed unchangable in BIOS so I installed the EasyTune 4 from gigabyte cd, does this program work as well as going into BIOS and changing :)

*EDIT*

Is it possible to reach 166 fsb with 1.75 vcore?

Last edited: