• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltmod/ohm resistance question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*JEREMY*

Getting ready to volt mod my ak31 but I have a question,When I connect my ohm meter to the wires of my potentiometer to turn it in the direction that gets you the maximum resistance before connecting it to the board, is the maximum resistance the higher number or the lower number readout on the ohm meter.A quick answer would be greatly apprecited as I want to do this asap,thanks much:)

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Higher number = higher resistance

Also, you should use at minimum, a 47k ohm potentiometer, if not two in series. That way you can get the board back down to stock voltage, for sure.

OP
*JEREMY*

*JEREMY*

Yeah i guessed it was the higher number and it worked,I still couldnt get a higher overclock and I brought the volts all the way up to 2.2 before I stopped,still could not get past 137fsb or 12x multiplier.

res0r9lm

*JEREMY* said:
Yeah i guessed it was the higher number and it worked,I still couldnt get a higher overclock and I brought the volts all the way up to 2.2 before I stopped,still could not get past 137fsb or 12x multiplier.
Same here atleast I got another 50mhz out of my t bird @ 1.95. I tried up to 2.1 I did get it to post @ 1694 but wasn't stable. I think I could get it stable @ 1667 w/ [email protected] 2.05 but don't think 17mhz is worth the added heat. I'm going to let it fold for a few days and try again. Right now @ 1.95 my highest stable overclock is eithier 11x150=1650 or 12x138=1656 I choose the higher fsb.

OP
*JEREMY*

*JEREMY*

I think im going to try the VIO mod next and see what I can get but I ran across a good deal on a xp2000 so I might just get that and a kr7a mobo and sell this mobo and cpu before I end up frying them:p