• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volts on a leadtek 6800 agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enrich

hey there guys, I was wondering.. Since I have this Card I open rivituner to unlock the pipes but I failed to unlock it to 16/6 I got 12/6. But I was reading...A volt mod to it...Is that all I have to do to make it run at 16/6?
If that is so, Can you volt mod this video card with out flashing it ( I think I will mess it up if I do.)

techun

im pretty sure the volt mod is to help you overclock, it wont help you with unlocking pipes

Webzta

is it a 6800LE or NU ? I thought all the 6800 Leadtek's were unlocking succesfully.

Also kinda off topic sorry but does your card make a strange kinda highish pitched spinning noise? like a hdd chugging sort of.

Mine does when i use it - or when i scroll down on webpage..

Also try running omega drivers - then try unlock... worked for me.

Slimmy

My bfg 6800nu artifacts when the extra pipes are open, but only in 3dmark2k5 and the source engine.

Tried a bios w/ the voltage raised alittle. It didn't help the artifacts, but help me get a higher overclock.

3DFlyer

Banned
If you are trying to unlock a card anymore that's been bought recently, the chances for success are about zero. In the beginning a few got out there with good pipes, but they are binning those GPU's and they are not gonna put a good 16 pipe working GPU on a standard card. If they are locked, they are locked for a reason...they are broken.

Personally I wouldn't even attempt it. If I wanted a 16 pipe card, I'd buy one. Running the voltage up will help OC's, but will do nothing for unlocking a broken pipe. If it's broke, it's broke. In fact, it will probably create more heat, and cause it to artifact quicker.

The only real reason people were having cards unlock before, is because there were so mnay good ones massed that had all 16 pipes working that some of them got binned for the cheaper cards, but that is rarely the case anymore. It really doesn't matter what company makes the card. They are not gonna bin good 16 pipe GPU's for 12 pipe cards.

Occasionally somebody may luck out, and get one that slipped past, or was weak but they all still worked, but the chances are slim to none.

OP
Enrich

Enrich

Thanks alot guys Its not an LE

anyways yea...what would I have to do to raise the volts...Is there a program that allows me too?

Anaxagoras1986

Webzta said:
is it a 6800LE or NU ? I thought all the 6800 Leadtek's were unlocking succesfully.

Also kinda off topic sorry but does your card make a strange kinda highish pitched spinning noise? like a hdd chugging sort of.

Mine does when i use it - or when i scroll down on webpage..

Also try running omega drivers - then try unlock... worked for me.

I have noticed this aswell. It sounds almost like an oscilator is going or something....

Webzta

Doesn't do it when i run it not unlocked :)

I Have also been fiddling, and found that it was the second unlock bit, the 5 to 6 one, which was causing it the most, so left it locked.

so running 16/5, minus the gay whine :)