• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo 5 Underground Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Butter

Hey guys........I own a voodoo 5 5500 but all of a sudden......After I re-formatted.....Both my drivers......They're really the same thing........give me a problem......So I'm going to try the underground ones.......They look really good.....They support Direct X 8.1 and are the most stable of all of them......Are they any good......Has anybody downloaded them?? thx guys.

-evan

Pinky

I tried some of the "underground" drivers for the voodoo 4 4500 and they smoked! Think they were omega drivers if memory serves me.

grunjee

He means good.

From my experience, the Voodoo5 works great in 98se but terrible in XP. My brother used to run a V5 in his box which had XP on it. I downloaded and tried... I think it was 9 different driver sets, all the ones I could find, including the Underground ones. Some games would work but many would not, especially the newer titles using Opengl (Jedi Outcast, etc.). It was such a nightmare I finally sold the card.

Pinky

Smokes as in kicked arse, beat the competition still sitting at the starting line, etc ;)

Or "smokes" for the pothead, which, for them, is still good... :p