• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo Still Alive! New Drivers!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkseid

hey i`m testing this right NOW!!!

i have voodoo banshee around...

EDIR: damn they say for voodoo 3 and better :(

OP
O

OverclockNStein

oops, your correct Darkseid. If anyone is still using a voodoo2 or under, retire it! I was at a computer show sunday, and some guy had a bunch of Geforce 2 GTSs for $30 !, cant go wrong with that price. Cheap yet huge upgrade for anyone with a Voodoo4 or under, look around.

Emericana

WTF you mean damn nvidia they were going bankrupt it was either nvidia bought them or they would have been no more. at least now we have their instructions in the new geforce fx card.

oops

never had a voodoo or anything from 3dfx, but from what I heard 3dfx was cool. Probably influenced by you people, I wish to see a Voodoo 6 or something like that :)

oops

funnyperson1 said:

pure novelty and collectibility...like 50 made total...about as fast as a Geforce3 in glide games :)

ONLY 50 was made?? Then that's kind of cheap for only a few grand.

zexmarquies01

Just want to give My Review on this. I have Jedi Outcast II on my comp. the drivers i had on it, were by 3dfx. well, i could play the game. well i install These drivers, and i would try to play the game, and i would get a message, saying i have no 3D hardware installed in my machine. I could not figure out how to get it to work. so i went back to using my other Drivers. I'm not exactly sure why it says this. but it does. But i thought i'd like to tell ya guys, for all those that own a Voodoo 3 and higher.

Right now, i'm running a Vodoo3. Just to let you know, and i'm running Windows 98 SE.

OC Noob

Well, NVidia did steal some technology from 3dfx, some of which they purchased when 3dfx went belly-up. Even with out those dirty dealings 3dfx was doomed. NVidia was just better at selling video cards then 3dfx was period.

I've still got the old vodoo 1 and 3 lying around somewhere. Finding the pass through cable for the 1 is another story.