• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VOS32 owners, please read.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QSW

Hi,

I bought a GlobalWin VOS32 off ebay, it looks brand new with all the supplied mounting hardware. It came with no instructions though. GlobalWin's website wasn't of much help either. I can't figure out what these 2 black pieces of plastic are for. They look like some sort of bracket, about 5.5" long. Does anyone know where are they supposed to be attached to?

I am gonna use this cooler with a P3 slot 1 cpu. I tried mounting the VOS32 on the cpu just now and it looks kinda of loose. I am gonna add 1 or 2 layers of double sided foam tape on the clip so that there will be better contact.

Thanks in advance.

Although I didn't get 2 pieces of black plastic with my VOS32, it sounds like add-on retention clips. Having used VOS32s with both PIIIs and Athlons, I must advise you that, IMHO, they will either bugger up your CPU or your mobo retention slot, strictly from their weight. I know this because a VOS32 has made a 750 PIII unusable, and also a K7A Athlon mobo.

Thanks, Stool :)

I will probably try the VOS32 on my mobo outside of my case. Maybe there will be less stress on the rentention clips when the mobo is lying flat. Anyway I got it at good price, if it doesn't work, at least I have 2 YS tech fans. Hopefully someone will help me figure out what those 2 pieces are for.

Back