• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vring problem on i5-4690K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngtrotsky

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (rev. 1.1)
i5-4690K
Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 2x8gb
AIO liquid cooler (CM Masterliquid Pro 120 but only one fan on radiator)

I have a stable OC (passes 8 loops on x264 stability test, core temp remains <85C) with:
BCLK 100
CPU multi 47x
Uncore multi 46x
VRIN 1.700v
Core VID 1.33v
Everything else auto. (RAM is running 800MHz and 1.5v)

With these settings Memtest86+ v7.4 either freezes or gets errors, however. I tried increaseing Vring to 1.15v from Auto (which displays 1.05v) and can't even get into BIOS. I then tried setting it manually to 1.05v and same thing. I then just changed it from Auto to Normal and left the offset at 0.000v and same thing. Am I missing something here or is this weird? I have read several guides that say you are safe up to Vring of 1.25v. I tried increasing VRIN to 2.00v in case that was limiting but no change. Does anyone know why I can't boot with a changed Vring, even if the change is jut setting the stock voltage manually? Thanks.

Take a look around here . Personally I wouldn't bother with the Vring or the uncore multi. I clocked my 4790K just using Vcore and System Agent Voltage. Everything else on Auto. Was running 4.7Ghz with uncore at Auto rock steady stable for close to 3 years until I upgraded to my current setup.

Just use Vcore and SA voltage if needed. Set XMP on the ram and leave it alone. Clear cmos via battery and start over.

Thanks, like I say my OC seems stable in windows but I'm interested to know what is going on with the Vring and if that is why Memtest is failing. RAM is running with XMP enabled. I will try increasing SA and see if that help with Memtest.

Back