• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

---w00t, Morrowind Expansion---

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=229974

it was released today i think, anyone else excited about this?
i know i am, elder's scrolls was great! this can only be better :p

pt_2B.jpg

o0OBruceLeeO0o

wow i didnt even know this game was in the making. Im buying this for sure! I love morrowind! Wonder how long it is cause if it's gotta fairly long quest 30$ isnt half bad.

OP
Starfoxer

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
A customer at ebgames.com on 11/5/2002

LISTEN HERE!
You won't pay $$ for the patch! You pay $$ for another 40 hours or so of gameplay, new weapons, cities, adventures and everything else. The patch is just a bonus. I do think it's kinda neat that they've fixed the journal system and that they have included it in the TRIBUNAL Expansion. But the bottomline is that if the expansion pack is good it does'n't matter if the patch is there or not. If you like the game you'll get the expansion regardless...
However, with that said, I still think that it would've been nice if they would have fixed the journal entry right after the release. But the expansion would still be $$ without the patch.
Thus, the journal patch is just a bonus.
And it's not like people wouldn't buy the expanison because there is no journal patch.

yea, i can't wait....mine will be here by next week

Gravity Man

My absence should tell you something. ;) The enemies are much more difficult than the ordinary monsters in Morrowind, and I'm in the middle of a massive dungeon right now, complete with enemies who are actually a challenge (for the first time in months). There are new merchants with lots of gold in Mournhold, too. :)

Gravity Man

The journal is much better. You can finally get a list of all uncompleted quests. It's retroactive, too, so you can get the list for quests recieved before installing tribunal. There are a couple bugs with quests not being removed from the list after completing them, but it's not a big deal.

john240sx

aww man.......i have to get this but i'm saving up for a SK7 and a 80mm delta.

hmm, i could sneak into my cousins house and steal his.......nah. looks like the SK7 is going to have to wait....again.

Rich_T

I'm getting it later today, I'm loveing Morrowind and I still got loads left to see. How does the expansion work, do you start a new game or is there loads of new stuff added to the original (e.g like Baldur's gate Thorn of Bhall where a new dungen was added)

Also is there a fishng rod you can buy in either of ther two games?

Please get back to me, thanks

Rich_T

Gravity Man

It adds one large city with a bunch of good quests, as well as a couple huge dungeons. I wouldn't install the expansion until you are ready to fight some tougher enemies, though, since as soon as you install it, you get attacked by some guys weilding daedric weapons every time you rest and they don't stop until you kill their leader.

I'm not sure of any merchants who sell fishing rods, but I've seen a few next to skeletons in caves.

OP
Starfoxer

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
[rant]

NO MOTHER FECK NOOOOOO

i uninstalled the original to get a clean install of the expansion (had some h4x and addons in the original) and now i find out
that you have to start over from the beginning....NOOOOO
my level 47 char is gone, 1337 h4x0r he was, strong with the
force he was.....:mad:

[/rant]

Gravity Man

Rich_T said:
Tyhanks for your reply gravity man, can you pick the rods up?
Yep.

Starfox- I know how you feel. My level 38 Redguard A** Kicker (custom class ;)) died along with my 100 GB hard drive, so I had to start over. :( At least I knew exactly where to find all the best equipment this time. :D