• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W2K updates question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PixelMover

I know this has been asked before, but I found no good answer in this forum, so here it is again:

Where can i download W2KPro and IE updates/patches in such a way that i can save them to my harddisk?

I'm tired of having to download them all every time I re-install W2K and IE... I have SP1,SP2, SP3 and IE 5.5 and 6.0 on CD, but not all the other patches/updates.

TIA!

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I have seen boatloads of people ask the same question;)

Microsoft also makes all the service packs available as complete downloads that can be archived; this is done for corporate IT/IS departments etc. that have thousands of computers in their inventory.

I have always given people the same answer: "Yes it is on Microsoft's site, just do a search for Service pack and/or Network Install" and you should find it within a few minutes.

I love search tools :D:D

I haven't looked for it since XP SP1 came out, but after seeing your post I went to the Microsoft support site and did a search for "service packs" and came up with This Link

Thats pretty much everything, and goes to each individual products download page. I followed both XP and 2000 to make sure they were still publishing the Network Install files, and they are:)

What you need to download is NETWORK INSTALL for whichever operating system or software you want.

OP
PixelMover

PixelMover

Ok, first of all, like I wrote, I already have the service packs on CD.
That was not my question. I am NOT looking for downloadable sevicepacks... The link you provide only results in a download page for service packs.

What I meant was all the other patches/fixes that are released afterwards, such as security patches etc.. The patches/fixes you normally get by clicking on 'windows update' in the start menu. THESE patches are only available as 'install from site' , which is very annoying. So i need to know if there is a way to download all the other patches/fixes to file, rather than installing them from the site.

Secondly, I searched everywhere for 'network install' but everytime search comes up with nothing... I hate search tools:mad:

Maybe you can give me a link to where I can download 'network install' for W2KPro, since your search results are better than mine?

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
The individual hot-fixes and so on are not always available as downloads until they have enough to make another Service Pack, so for them we are stuck with updating machines individually.
All the Service Packs are is a compilation of bug-fixes, patches and updates that have been released separately but have become a HUGE list!

Sorry I mis-read the question though.

The Windows 2000 Network Install stuff is linked from that page
Network Install for 2000

Note that all versions of 2000 use the same service pack (Pro, Server, Adv. Server, etc.)