• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waiting on FahCore Run?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Waiting On FahCore Run, What's up with this?
system: Sabertooth 990FX
CPU: FX 8350
ram: 16GB (don't ask what brand, I forget :))
GPU GTX 1080 SC x 2

2nd GPU is giving me the waiting on fahcore run.

Code:
19:59:31:WU02:FS01:Starting
19:59:31:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 1 not found
20:01:09:WU02:FS01:Starting
20:01:09:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 1 not found
20:03:46:WU02:FS01:Starting
20:03:46:ERROR:WU02:FS01:Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 1 not found

Last edited:

HayesK

Looks like the opencl-index needs to be set manually for the gpu slots. My first gpu is manually set to 0 and the second gpu is set as 1. I just leave gpu cuda-index at the default -1, which causes an error message in the log, but does not affect the gpu folding. The beta client 7.4.15 has issues with the index on multi gpu systems.

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Looks like the opencl-index needs to be set manually for the gpu slots. My first gpu is manually set to 0 and the second gpu is set as 1. I just leave gpu cuda-index at the default -1, which causes an error message in the log, but does not affect the gpu folding. The beta client 7.4.15 has issues with the index on multi gpu systems.

Mine have the index 0 and 1 so it should work, BTW I'm using Win 7 on the Sabertooth PC, I may just scrap it and put Win 10 on it and maybe this problem will go away :)
Oh I forgot to say what version of [email protected] I'm using, it's 7.4.4.

edit: ooops, it's 7.4.15 that I was using, it's working on 7.4.4 but I have to start client then start controll but hey it works.

Last edited:

HayesK

if manually setting the indexes (gpu, opencl, cuda) does not work, may need to reinstall the client, driver or both.

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
if manually setting the indexes (gpu, opencl, cuda) does not work, may need to reinstall the client, driver or both.

I'm just going to put Win 10 on my kitty, that way I can install the drivers and client :), I also think Win 7 need the SLI cable whers Win 10 dose not if I'm only using both GPU's for folding. We'll see :)