• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wall mounted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FireMogle

The computer I am using right now is mounted directly to the wall. The mobo is screwed on as well as the hds floppy and PSU. Looks nice, but to tell the truth, its alot louder outside of the case.....

By the way, can anyone see anything wrong with doing this, its secured good so I doubt it will fall, but anything else? Thanks

dreadlord79

I've heard some guys saying that doing it that way can some times create interference with other electrical devices. I thought about doing this myself, but would rather try to build a case (if my gf would let me have the $$) that no on else has tried before. :)

stool

With no shielding, make sure you keep it away from other elctronic components. You run the risk of EMI and RFI, which over time will become an increasing problem.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
keeping peoples grubby little hands off it would be my only problem( ninja sword would solve most of your probelms)

dont put darts in that room

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
My friend in our RMA dept. mounted everything on his test bench to the wall. People kept borrowing his test rig, and he finally got tired of it. I walked in while he was in the middle of screwing the motherboard to the wall. He had this determined look on his face the whole time putting way too much effort in to mounting the thing, and muttering to himself the whole time. I had to laugh.

trdsw20

EMI & RFI were already mentioned. What about the 6 year olds and their juice cups man nothing worse then a cup of Welch's grape juice all over your stuff.
Also cathing dust on the HSF might be a minor problem!

OP
FireMogle

FireMogle

I think it collected more dust on the floor as it had gigantic dust balls on the board when I pulled it out(lost side panal...whoops). There are no children here and my roomates know that severe pain would be inflicted to those caught touching it, I dont plan on having it there for a long time.

trdsw20

Thats pretty cool kendan: do you have any fans blowing on it other then the HSF or do you not worrry about any airflow?