• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAN IP Broadcasting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
OK i have a dedicated server for BF1942 all set up and running i've had a few people connect to it if i give them my IP address but when i access the BF1942 game vai a different PC on my network and look in the internet games GUI i can't see my server. Even though people can connect to it.... how do i gt my server to broadcast?

i have a linksys BEFSR81 8 port router with 2 PC's and a print server connected to it. the dedicated server is running Mcafee Virus scan 7 and Firewall 4

Kingslayer

Let me get this straight. You have an "internet" server running and you want to join that server from the "LAN". You need to open a port on your router and point it through using the internal address and the same port that you assigned it to in the BF1942 control panel.

That should let you in.

But some games have problems letting both "Internet" and "LAN" players connect at the same time. BF1942 isn't one of them as I can usually join my buddies server and he runs his much like you want to. If the port opening doesn't work, let me know and I'll contact him and see what he did special. Chances are he just put the server in the DMZ...

OP
FarEast

FarEast

Most Generous Member
No i have all the LAN setting sorted all the ports forwarding to the game. I can connect to the game either vai the LAN or out and then back in again vai WAN what doesn't seem to be happening is my Dedicated server isn't showing up on the internet games page within BF1942 console. Te question is what do i need to do to broadcat my dedicated servers IP address to the world so it becomes a PUBLIC server like what you see with in the game

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
I had a similar problem when setting up a Half Life server. The problem being that the server binds to the internal IP as the connection port, and that's the one it advertises (which is dropped by the master servers, because it's unreachable to everyone except people on that LAN).

The only solution I found was to give it an external IP, connected directly to the internet. :-/

There may be other solutions though..

OP
FarEast

FarEast

Most Generous Member
yes they are port forwarding in your router settings what i found out is happening is McAfee Firewall 4 is preventing my IP or blocking the ports that re open