• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to do DIY Video Wall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

I want to make a DIY Video wall for a client, requirements are 2x2 tv setup which can be run independently (to show cable tv, hdbox or cctv) or can show one big image/video, i have never worked on something like this before but theoretically speaking i can think of this solution. This setup would be mostly used to run videos and movies not major gaming.

i5 based machine
512gb ssd
2 x 4tb hard drives
ati gpu for eyefinity

now since i have not worked with this before i am not sure if i will need a DP to HDMI splitter (1x4) to get the job done or i can directly do it via the gpu? is it possible to take different outs from the gpu itself and achieve the result or i will need to get a hub in between?

tv,cable and cctv can be running on different hdmi/dvi/vga ports on tv and can be switched with remote

which would be the cheapest ati gpu i can get to achieve this? since its not going to be a gaming computer so i wouldn't need something fancy preferably something with passive cooling?