• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to fold gromacs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
To get some gromacs WU's with the TEXT console do this:

Make a shortcut to the FAH.exe file. Click properties on the shortcut, where is says target, you want to put this AFTER the quotes: -advmethods Make sure there is one space after the quotes. If you are SURE your machine is stable, you can also put in the -forceasm flag. An example of the whole target in the shortcut would be:
"C:/program files/FOLDING/Fahconsole.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

skou

Gromacs also work in graphical client- that's the only way I was able to get them to work.

steve ( 8(l) FOLD AND HOMER WILL BUY A DUFF BEER FOR YOU

Mooky

mrm1957 said:
Thanks nikhsub. So what I'll have to do is delete the graphical client and download the console version. Do I have to download EMIII also ?

The graphical client works the same way. Just create shortcut and enter the following into the target field.

"C:/program files/FOLDING/winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Notice the position of the quotes and there is a space before the dashes in both flags.

Fever

It forces SSE if your CPU is unstable while overcocking it. Normally, without it [email protected] would disable SSE if it locks up, etc... Make sure your system is stable before using forceasm.. Hell, if it is stable, you shouldn't even need to put it. ;)