• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want to overclock my Core i7 2700K @ 3.50GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try 1.375v in the Vcore and the LLC to ULTRA HIGH!!
Good advice though I would try leaving the voltage at 1.35 and see how the LLC at Ultra responds to the load of prime. It looks to be drooping a bit at "High" upping to Ultra High may be enough to get it stable 2 hours Prime. If it still doesn't pass 2 hours prime try adding .00625 on the Cpu V.

Good advice though I would try leaving the voltage at 1.35 and see how the LLC at Ultra responds to the load of prime. It looks to be drooping a bit at "High" upping to Ultra High may be enough to get it stable 2 hours Prime. If it still doesn't pass 2 hours prime try adding .00625 on the Cpu V.
:thup:

hi guys im back with some interesting news.............

i changed the Vcore to 1.375 and LLC to Ultra High and tested

i ran Prime ' Blend ' for 5 hours straight and no problems !

really stoked , let me know what you guys think

Glad that worked... now see what actually fixed it.. (this is why we, well most of us, only change ONE thing at a time - so we know which change made the difference).

You may need both the voltage and LLC bump, I dont know... but when testing, change only one thing at a time. ;)

What I would do now is either lower LLC a notch, or lower the voltage back to 1.35 and keep LLC as is (Ultra High).

Well its time i hit the JACKPOT for a change, or was that the Silicone Lottery lol!! :p :thup:

I would lower the Vcore to 1.370v then if it passes 1.365v till it fails P95, and you should save that OC in your Profiles as well!! ;)

So if at any stage you can just go back to it as you know it works fine! :thup:

Regards,

AJ.

.025 + upping the LLC is a pretty hefty increase. Since you failed prime at the 2 hour mark you were probable close on the voltage. Put the time in to see if you can lower the voltage some and leave the LLC where it is. If you could post a HWmonitor SS while under load we can see how the "Ultra High" LLC is effecting the voltage.

hi guys im back with some interesting news.............

i changed the Vcore to 1.375 and LLC to Ultra High and tested

i ran Prime ' Blend ' for 5 hours straight and no problems !

really stoked , let me know what you guys think

What is your voltage in windows with the Vcore in BIOS at 1.375 and the LLC on max like that?

When you were set to 1.35 your screen shot showed only 1.32 in Windows. That is pretty significant Vdroop I must say.

hi guys i appreciate all responses..................

What is your voltage in windows with the Vcore in BIOS at 1.375 and the LLC on max like that?

below are 2 snapshots

n0nfi.jpg

is after 1 hour

j0el.jpg

is just after 5 hours

tomorrow i will be trying other suggestions as in this thread , if anyone has any other suggestions im eager to try them.

chat soon

The two screen shots are with the Cpu LLC at the next step up over high correct?

Temps look good though jumping the LLC and Voltage combined lead to a .04 max voltage increase. Which is a pretty hefty jump, I would take the time too see if you can lower the voltage a bit.

Why is core 2 only showing 56% after 5 Hrs?? :shrug: Temps are just fine though still a step down from 1.375v! ;)

I wonder if he has set in Windows to HIGH POWER!! :shrug: Never asked him since he is new to OC. :attn:

AJ.

Your voltage is too high now. Turn the LLC down a notch or two . Try to get the voltage to an actual 1.35V in Windows under full load. I refuse to believe a 2700K needs more than 1.35V for 4.5Ghz. It's supposed to be a better binned chip than a 2600K is.

Your voltage is too high now. Turn the LLC down a notch or two . Try to get the voltage to an actual 1.35V in Windows under full load. I refuse to believe a 2700K needs more than 1.35V for 4.5Ghz. It's supposed to be a better binned chip than a 2600K is.
Actually if you look at his first try at 1.35 his voltage was drooping with the LLC at High and it was failing prime a 1h 20m+. I think it would have been better off just upping the LLC to ULtra high and see if it would pass then at 1.35 V before he changed the Cpu V .025 higher, which is too much in my opinion.

The main reason i offered to help is the Mobo is the same one i had before + also i had a very good 2700K. Which i OCed to about 4.9 if i can remember, but it needed to use LLC ULTRA for some clocks, and i did some Insane Vcore with that also. :thup:

1, http://hwbot.org/xtu/analyze/2417458

But so far i would say its about right for where the OP is at with his OC. ;)

His CPU is not one of the best or outstanding ones. :shrug:

AJ.

Last edited:
Package temp is the socket iirc. Not terribly important. Core temps are.

Intel added a separate register to their CPUs a couple of generations ago that keeps track of the CPU Package temperature. This temperature is not the same as the socket temperature. The Package Temperature gets its data from all of the individual core temperature sensors as well as the integrated GPU and a few more important spots on the CPU. All of this temperature data is compared so the CPU Package temperature represents the hottest temperature anywhere on your CPU. This is all you need to monitor these days.

A long time ago CPUID HWMonitor used to under report the peak core temperatures significantly when the CPU was fully loaded but not anymore. The recent versions of HWMonitor sample the CPU temperature sensors every half a second which is an advantage when reporting the peak temperatures.

RealTemp and Core Temp are only sampling once per second as far as I know. This is more efficient but less accurate. There are some unique situations where one program might be better than the others but overall, these 3 programs should be very competitive so use whatever program you like. The T|I version of RealTemp reports the CPU Package temperature separately.

RealTemp T|I Edition
https://www.sendspace.com/file/55yvry

Great information UW... assuming that is true, why are many users, including myself, not seeing the package temp as high as some of the cores? Ive seen it off a couple of C and this is over hours of testing.

Back