• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want to overclock my Core i7 2700K @ 3.50GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi guys im back after a break...................

The two screen shots are with the Cpu LLC at the next step up over high correct?

Temps look good though jumping the LLC and Voltage combined lead to a .04 max voltage increase. Which is a pretty hefty jump, I would take the time too see if you can lower the voltage a bit.

yes thats right the LLC is on Ultra High

Why is core 2 only showing 56% after 5 Hrs?? Temps are just fine though still a step down from 1.375v!

I wonder if he has set in Windows to HIGH POWER!! Never asked him since he is new to OC.

AJ.

my PC is on High Performance , not Balanced...........i think that answers AJ's question

im going to try and drop the LLC down a bit and keep my current Vcore of 1.375 and run Prime Blend again

ill be back later guys :thup:

im back after some testing with Prime Blend...............

1.375V with a LLC of Medium blue screened at 20 mins

1.375V with a LLC of High lasted a full 5 hours check my images below

one is taken at 1 hour and the other is at 5 hours

let me know where i should go from here............

chat soon

Attachments

• 45ghz test 4 high LLC.jpg
    45ghz test 4 high LLC.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 548
  • 45ghz test 4 high LLC 2.jpg
    45ghz test 4 high LLC 2.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 549
OP you aren't paying attention to what's going on here. What's important is your VCORE in WINDOWS. You have 1.320 again under load there. You should have known that 1.320 doesn't work for your CPU at that clock speed and not bothered running the test again at that voltage. If you're not more attentive we can't help you. :D

Please don't infer any negative tone in that, I'm just being straight with you.

We have definitely established that the Vdroop on your board is an abomination against all that is good in the world though.
Im actually a little concerned about your vDroop and would almost say you have a defective motherboard. 1.320 when you set 1.375? That's a 0.55V droop. Do you have a multimeter? Does your board have voltage readout points?

Last edited:
Well congrats on a good OC, i would leave the LLC on high and try out a few games or test it with Valley! But P95 is a good stress tester anyway, much more so than any day to day running will do. ;) :thup:

Nice Temps high Sixty's which will be lower when Web Browsing, so long as you maintain a good airflow through the case and your Ambient Temp is not too high. :attn:

Regards,

AJ.

OP you aren't paying attention to what's going on here. What's important is your VCORE in WINDOWS. You have 1.320 again under load there. You should have known that 1.320 doesn't work for your CPU at that clock speed and not bothered running the test again at that voltage. If you're not more attentive we can't help you. :D

Please don't infer any negative tone in that, I'm just being straight with you.

We have definitely established that the Vdroop on your board is an abomination against all that is good in the world though.
Im actually a little concerned about your vDroop and would almost say you have a defective motherboard. 1.320 when you set 1.375? That's a 0.55V droop. Do you have a multimeter? Does your board have voltage readout points?
that's vdrop, the difference between what is set in the bios vs idle in Windows. Vdroop is the voltage change from idle to load.

.05 while not great, isn't an abomination though. :p

hi guys ....................

its great you've given the all clear and think its a good OC

i was worried with Theocnoob's findings but luckily it was corrected by EarthDog.........damn that booze !

i just tried some emulation out

demul

Atomiswave
Naomi

PCSX2

Virtua Tennis 2
Soul Calibur 2

Dolphin

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

all came up 60 FPS !

im really over the moon and stoked with the OC , the help provided by all members was phenomenal

thanks for making this happen :thup:

s8n

Back