• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to sell my Ryzen 1700 and get a 8700k. Is it stupid or greedy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. The refresh will be here in 2018. Zen 2 is a couple years off
2. :)
3. That depends... you want intel to get every FPS... in some titles, Ryzen will leave a few on the table. Was it you or someone else that has 1440p 120Hz+ monitor and a 1080Ti?
4. You can easily overclocking with the stock paste. If you delid and reapply, you may get 100-200Mhz more.

3. That depends... you want intel to get every FPS... in some titles, Ryzen will leave a few on the table. Was it you or someone else that has 1440p 120Hz+ monitor and a 1080Ti?

I also have a 165Hz 1440p monitor and 1080 Ti. If the performance difference was more than 25% in most of First Person Shooter games, I would definitely change to Intel.

Last edited:
Its not that much, but you are selling yourself short on FPS, which, you need the most of. ;)

Wondering if you are going to respond to the FF thread you created about your advertising and multi-threads... :)

Wondering if you are going to respond to the FF thread you created about your advertising and multi-threads... :)

From my side, there isn't really much to say about your post in my thread in the Forum Feedback section. You answered my question and presented a good overview of the situation. I'll come back to it later to see if I can create counter arguments against your post :p

Its not that much, but you are selling yourself short on FPS, which, you need the most of. ;)

If was playing at 1080p, FPS diff was more important as it was larger. But FPS diff for 1440p isn't large enough for me to give up on 2 cores/4 threads. :(

Thank y'all for all the informative replies. Much appreciated.

Back