• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warcraft 3 is silly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
progamer said:
Yeah I was getting frustrated with Warcraft 3 as well, but I think it's because I'm not a very good player. I had to cheat from the middle of the human campaign all the way through to the end because I couldn't beat it fairly.
Yeah, I think that is a lot of the reason that I was turned off by the game as well. But I never did try any cheats to beat the game either. I dont really like to cheat in a game that I spend so much money on, as it seems to really take away from the self satisfaction of beating the game. When I have the time to actually sit down and get engulfed into the game then I will play it again. But until that time it will sit there begging for me to play it. RTS games in general seem to take a lot of time to get them down to the point that you can actually have full confindence in being able to win.

If you are fan of RTS i wonder if you have tried Commandos II ?? its one hell of a game and i think so it took me longer than any other game to finish

Johnny Knoxville said:
warcraft 3 certainly does suck, i think it's for little girls :D

Well that's what you think .. i like the game :)

its the best RTS right now and i doubt if C&C Generals is going to be better than WC3 .. Blizzard always make kickass RTS games

howcome you guys find single player on wc3 so hard? i think its extremely easy, ive been breezing through the campaign, im about halfdone with the nightelf (last capaign) part. the missions take a long time to do, like an hour each after you finish the second campaign, but i never got stuck. i also think the storyline is really interesting, i find myself really drawn into the game. however the custom game mode i find it impossible. i cant even beat a comp 1v1 yet, but in starcraft i used to be able to whoop up on 4 comps by myself. whats this stuff about the ai having building speed hacks? how much faster do they build? i was beginning to wonder how in heck were the comps so good.

i was refering not about the campaigns they were relatively easy, i was talking about the custom game (equivalent to skirimish mode from RA series) in which you go against one ore more computer

I think the reason why I'm not that good is becuase it's hard for me to keep track of so many things at once. I had the same problem with starcraft. I would only be focusing on one thing like building or attacking and leave everything else alone. In mid-game i'd click on a building and realize that there were upgrades left because I forgot to click on them. How do you guys keep track of everything at once?

progamer one useful tip i can give you is learn the hot key's they make a difference between being a casual gamer and a good gamer (IMO)

Micromanagement can be freaking hard :( try playing with easy enemy and give yourself benefit and start from build order, it would be useless for me to suggest some particular built order coz everyone have their own preferences and style of playing but once you find a suitable built order follow it

Idea is to reach the higher tech levels and your desired units, in WC3 one essential part of the game is creeping, do it as soon as you can,

One more thing which i do and would suggest you to do is play with 5 or more computers do nothing just sit and watch them, you will learn what they do, what is their build order and so on

baqai said:
progamer one useful tip i can give you is learn the hot key's they make a difference between being a casual gamer and a good gamer (IMO)

That's a fact. You'll win more battles by utilizing the hot keys than by not.

As for upgrades and stuff, you just have to know what your units need etc. Get them pumped!! Go w/ Defense before Offense every time. A 0/1 unit will ALWAYS defeat a 1/0 unit.

Creeping is incredibly important. If you're not creeping my mid day on the first day, there's something wrong.

I have almost quit playing wcIII and am playing along on Age OF empiresII I had forgotten what fun that was

If I knew how, this is where I'd post a pic of Chess Master 9000 w/the AI playing white & me playing black. The AI has opened d2-d4. I have yet to move. However, all my pieces are queens. The caption would read: I like my chances.

Sometimes, ya just gotta cheat.

Whats wrong with you people? I can beat 3 hard computers who are allied against me :p Heres some hints.
Creeps are your friends (this next is assuming your this far on yoru buildings, I start with the hero temple then barracks, population buildings, woodmill)
Build ANY hero but the spellcasters first (usually do them next).
(this next stragety applies to every race)
when that hero is done attack the group of 3 creeps behind every starting point (weak, all 3 get you 3/4 of a level). Any hero (except the weak spellcasters) will survive with about half health gone.
While the hero is attacking build 3 or 4 of your basic grunt units. Attack the smaller groups of creeps near your base first. While they are fighting go back to your base and keep building more units, screw upgrades for now (until after you have your 2nd hero), and build your next hero, i prefer spellcaster as #2.)
Once you learn the maps you will know where all the spawnpoints are and where the fountain of life/mana, gobblin shops, etc are. Those are prime spots (ESPICALLY the fountain of life) Once you have a sizeable army continue creeping but go for the big guys (the lvl 9 and 10 creeps). By now you should have your 3rd hero built. After your weakest hero is at lvl 5+ retreat to your base. If the computer attacks you beforehand his army shouldnt be any larger, and remember, scrolls of town portal are free with every hero, USE THEM IF UNDER ATTACK. After you defeat the first wave start building LOADS of towers. They slow the computer a lot (until later in the game).
Now you should beable to survive long enough to confront the computer :) Just remember to alwasy have a huge army thats always creeping and EXPAND EXPAND EXPAND. Whoever has the most resources has the largest army ;)
When you are attacking the computer take out long range units first, same with towers. If the army is there hit their base for a second then retreat a little ways (army will follow) and fight their army away from their base defences. While they are fighting quickly switch back to your base and get LOTS of units building, as your units die another one will build and when/if your main army is defeated finish off the computer with the one that just built.

Note: these stragites I use to Defeat COMPUTER PLAYERS, they dont work as well against human players because the computer is predictable.

Back