• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was bored lastnight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Here`s what happens when I get bored. So lastnight I got the idea to put in a 80mm 50c.f.m. Sunon fan. Only bad thing is the button to turn on my monitor doesn't work anymore. I have to use a screw drivers and pray I don't shock myslef.

Last edited:
OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Well you know how you push the on/off button right behind that there a switch well it came loose. it need to be resoldered, but I guess I should get a new one cause this thing is two years old.

Smizack

Dead Boomslang collector
The Modfather said:
Does the fan cause the monitor to "warble" when it's on?

I put the fan on the outside when I did mine, I put it on the outside to keep that from happening. I haven't had a problem yet.

Don't know how he broke the switch, I made a switch in the case to turn it on. (powering the monitor fan with the comp's psu)

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Emericana said:
why would you ever wanna put a fan on your monitor? isnt that just needless noise?

I can't hear it when it`s running, so no not just for noise. Lastly a monitor can put off alot of heat.