• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was expecting better results from the mcx462!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezeKieL987

yea i got my new hsf and was thinkin of being cooler than (46c)idle when overclocked this much, any advice anyone? I have a case fan blowing in at the back and a fan at the top suking it air out.

Last edited:

CyberFed

I have a swiftech mcs478 and it works awsome, i do have a 120mm globawin agp/pci cooler over the system that helps cool as well but the temps are nice and low almost the same as my non overclocked temps! i am going to add 3 case fans and 3 exhust fans just because i im like that but its not necessary make sure you have a good contact with the cpu and use good quality thermal paste like artic silver...should work nice for you.

Gilgamesh

ezekiel987 said:
yea i got my new hsf and was thinkin of being cooler than (46c) when overclocked this much, any advice anyone? I have a case fan blowing in at the back and a fan at the top suking it air out.
Wait a couple of weeks until the dust gets trapped in those heliocoid pins and then you'll have to clean because you'll have even higher temps, mc462 would be a better choice, or even the alpha pal8045.