• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was this card a good choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xrr

I am building my first rig, and i went over to newegg and picked up a MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with directX 12 and NVidia Pascal, was it a good choice for my first gaming pc? i couldnt afford anything like the 1080, and i thought this would go good with my intel i5.

Last edited:

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Should be a decent card. It should play older games pretty much maxed out and new stuff around medium.

OP
X

Xrr

ok thanks, because i plan on using this pc for playing games like MC or raft, stranded deep and some others, and Unreal Engine is a big reason i want a beefy pc.

Dpg3456

ok thanks, because i plan on using this pc for playing games like MC or raft, stranded deep and some others, and Unreal Engine is a big reason i want a beefy pc.

Stranded deep recommends at least a gtx 650ti to run on maximum settings, which the 1050ti destroys in all tests in comparison. You shouldn't have a problem running those games in high and even ultra (depending on what is acceptable on fps to you). You should get over 60fps on high and around 30-40 on ultra. These are also on other peoples rigs so it will probably vary for you. But thats just my $.02. Maybe other people can chime in with their opinions.

DeclaredSnow

Registered
The 50TI cards are known to be excellent at price for performance. so yeah, not bad, i had the 750TI before my 1060, now i use it in my media center.