• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watching Video-In (Pinnacle card)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iron Hawk

I just recently acquired a Pinnacle AV/DV Video capture card. I currently have it setup to capture Video from my VCR to convert my home VHS tapes to DVD+R. I would also like to be able to use the TV tuner on my VCR to watch TV on the computer. Currently the only way to do this is to watch the tiny, unsizeable preview window in Pinnacle's Studio Version 8. I have tried ATI's TV program (part of Ati's Multimedia Center) that came with my Radeon 9800 Pro, I even uptated to the latest verson, 8.7 and it says that the Pinnacle AV/DV Capture driver is unsupported. Idealy I would like to get it working with the ATI software, however if you know of another program that will work i suppose anything would be great.

Thanks in advance,
-Iron Hawk

OP
I

Iron Hawk

skab said:
Are you using Winxp, been awhile but I think that they have a capture program in one of the media players that will do what you want.

Yes, I am using WinXP Pro, a also have Fedora Core 1 installed, but at the mement I am most interested in a windows program. I have looked around Windows Media Player, and saw nothing. Windows Movie Maker doesnt seem like it will be of any help either.

OP
I

Iron Hawk

Well, I seem to have gotten this worked out, I just loaded the latest version of Ati Multi-Media Center (8.8) and this has support for my Pinnacle Capture card. Everything is work wonderfull now!