• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Casastrophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

ok guys I have a dual athlonXP system. I have been upgrading it. One of the upgrades was water cooling it. I put together my water cooling system and let it run for abou 12 hours and nothing. Then I took it and put it onto my system. Things where fine. I made a post earlier about removing air bubbles. I thought I was doing something wrong. Now it turns out that the waterblock had a leak on it. The reason it wasn't noticable before was probably because it was leaking so slowly that the head of the system evaporated it. Then while running today all the sudden my system started acting up then started to smell and died on me. All within about 15 seconds. After testing the waterblock now I noticed that water was dripping out of one of the hexagonal screws out of the top. Dripping pretty consistently. Well now the processor that it was on and the motherboard that it sat on are gone along with the ram. The graphics card and other CPU are fine. However I will have to get a new motherboard and ram. Possibly another chip if I decide to spend that much :( :( :( iono what to do. I'm going to find the manufactures website and see if they have any type of warranty. The block is new and has not been tampered with in anyway. I only hope.
Duck

Who makes it?

Where is/was it leaking from?

I just got a Swiftech setup the other day and have tested it but not insalled it yet.
If it is a seal and hase NOT been tampered with I somehow would make them pay for what got ruined.

My $0.02

Even if there is no warrenty i think they should give you a new one because it was defective. You should pry try to call them up and ask/demand a refund or a replacement for the block Also talk to them about the ruined equipt

So you think it would be better for me to send it back than to get some alan wrenches and take it out and put it back in with a small o-ring or something on it?

dude it is the companys fault call them its not like you dont have proof they can look at the seal ur hardware isobviously ruind dont touch the block at all....

I looked at their website and don't see any way of contacting them. No e-mail or anything. How possible do you think it is that they would replace stuff? I was also looking for any guarentees and didn't see any. I fear i'm in the sh*thouse... :*(

Sorry to hear about your loss of equipment. :( All of the verndors that sell watecooling kits and equipment that I have seen Do not
assume any resonsibility for damage or loss of equipment. They will warranty the defective product that they sold you with a replacment but do not offer refunds. I am in the process of doing my first water cooling system and they suggest a 24 hour test run of the system in a large plastic garbage bag (after you have fitt it all to your system and detemined tubing lenghts etc.) then even the slightest leak can be detected. I know this is not any help now but can be in the future. Good luck, I hope you can get an exchange on your water block.

Well like i said it's a small screw that's leaking. I know I can patch it. little JB weld will take care of it. Or some silicone.

SEND IT BACK. Never do things like that. Ofcource you can MAKE IT WORK, but the simple fact is that you are not at fault.

No if's and's or but's. It's defective and it goes back.

-Toysrme

dude send it back man. let them know they were screw ups and if this happens alot then maybe whoever is causing the problem will get canned. seriously. a little tiny block isnt exactly THAT much to ship man. i say send it back. if there is no way that there was a disclaimer on the site i believe you can nail them with the implied warranty law. its something like 90 days for all parts labor etc on anything that has no warantee. i think theres something about damages in it too. maybe they will have to pay for it. look it up man, you lost alot of cash. you could be a dink and send those parts out as rma.... :p

Don't worry about the shipping costs either. Because the block was faulty they should refund your shipping.

-EDIT-

Just checked the manufacturers site:

Contact info is here

Terms & Conditions are here

Right at the bottom of the terms & conditions page it says:

We will not be responsible for damaged or lost data and or computer components with the application of water cooling devices sold within our stores @ www.CPUfx.com or www.Overclockershideout.com

So, you won't be able to get any kind of compensation from your lost components but they have a legal obligation to replace your faulty block as long as you havn't tampered with it. As I said before they should also pay your shipping & given the circumstances (ie you lost a load of stuff) most decent companies probably would.

Last edited:
Did you send the block back yet? Because you should really just exchange the faulty one. They are accountable for that at least. Sorry to hear about your mobo n that. May they RIP...

Despite what you guys have sudjested I was able to fix the block quite easily and now no leaks. still in testing though.

Back