• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water chilling idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan10101

Registered
i just got an old ac unit from my school that is in good condition and i just took it apart and plan to use it for a water chiller in my pc

i have some questions though

-what kind of block should i use will any good waterclock work

-what kind fo pump will pump these really cold temps and isnt insanely expensive

i also have an idea for my waterchilling set up i was thinkign about building a plexiglass case just slightly bigger than the evaporator and mountiogn the evaporator in side the plexiglass case, then having all the warmer antifreeze flow from the top of the plex glass case down to the bottom where it would be pumped out. this way i would get alll the slightly warmer antifreeze that had just gone over the cpu to flow from the top of this plexiglass case entirely over the radioator then back to the bottom

does anyone see any problems wiht this or have any other better ideas

thnx

No reason to water chill if the system is powerful enough. If you make a waterblock into the evaporator- just stick it right on the cpu.

I woulnd worry about cold temps and a pump. They should not perform much different as long as the water is remaining liquid.

well i dont lna on making a phase change system like you said cause it is a hell of a lot of wqork to get those copper pipes to do what i want and to get them to the cpu so i just decided to waterchill it by using the existing evaporator and submerging thta in antifreeze then just using the antifreeze and runnig that through my system, that why i solve alot of problems andget around alot of really hard problms surrounding phase changing

Back