• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Odd, mine worked fine for the review... both the installed, and latest BIOS from the review. Granted I don't touch the bus (why for ambient overclocking) but no anomolies here with it. That sucks you are having trouble with it Witchy. :(

Just need to work through it, I just bitching a little as their BIOS while I believe capable is just laid out poorly, seems like your all over this place in there

I have 102.5 bus running 49 multi for 5.025 Ghz rock solid , would rather have 104. 5 with a 48 multi then go for more .....

going to work on that this weekend ............ having lots of fun with it , who would have thought a 8 core CPU for 5 bills :thup:

and RBG on top of all that ........ life is good ............ lmao

They are def. all over the place! To that end, I prefer ASUS or MSI BIOS over Giga, for sure. ASRock is also like that where you find yourself in different sub sections to change one thing, another for a different settings, etc.

Here are a few runs at 5020 Ghz :)

Temps not bad

Going to see if there is anything else left in the tank this weekend :thup:

Then I will see what the card has in it, running around 2070ish out of the box

LinX 5.025.jpg

9900K CB R15.jpg

3D2011  2080Ti.jpg

My Take
Had a chance this weekend to really tear apart the BIOS on this Gigabyte Z390 Master mother board. First thing I did is flash it to the latest F8e BIOS. Not sure if it really helped anything or not, but after spending some time and learning where things are you can zip around pretty efficiently. There is no shortage of settings. The novice and the accomplished over clockers will be very satisfied and the BIOS selections and board were only held back by my cooling solution. That being said I think this is a strong solution for ambient and even chilled water solutions. I would not recommend this for Ln2 as the board really does not like high bus speeds. I also was a little bewildered why I am losing my profiles after blue screens. Still working on figuring that out ?
The G.skill Trident Z 3200 Cas 14 16Gb kit proved to live up to its reputation. Basically, anything I wanted to do was easily achievable with this kit. Not so sure I would even look at anything else. Adjusting voltage and timings I was able to get it up past 4000 Mhz easily, however 3600 Mhz CAS 16 at stock voltage seemed to be the performance sweet spot.
The AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce is a great performer. Comes out of the box overclocked at 1350 and hits 2070 boost speeds. The only down side is there is not a ton of head room left. Was able to get it to 1420 and 2130 boost speeds. Card pulls 315 watts fully loaded. Need to find a better BIOS if I am going to get anymore as the card is one cool customer. This card could easily accommodate a 350 watt BIOS.
The DDC 1 and the two 3/120 rads seem to do an ample job of keeping everything cool although you know it is never cool enough.
I was able to get the 9900K up to 5.2 but it took 1.455v to stabilize that clock speed. Unfortunately, my cooling solution was running out of talent at this point. Running Cinebench R15 had me in the mid-eighties and ninety’s as did LinX 64 so I called it quits thinking I was looking a 1.525 to make 5.3 stick. Ran some benches and had a little fun then went to set 24/7 clocks. I was able to get 5.0 Ghz rock solid using adaptable voltage so I am not pounding on it when not in use. Hard to believe running these speeds for 24/7, and we used to only dream of these speeds for gaming. Should be a lot of fun and can’t wait for some more Ray Tracing titles to hit the streets.

Next time I get a free day I will be work on seeing if I can get two cores to 5.4 and the rest at 5 or 5.1

Here are few more screen shots

Temp Testing CB R15.jpg

CB R15.jpeg

62.001 Wprime 1024.jpg

10101 Super.jpg

Attachments

• 2157 CB R15 9900K.jpg
    2157 CB R15 9900K.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
The two Aorus Master Z390 boards that i had BIOS problems with, BIOS would spontaneously change settings, even without leaving the BIOS - i'd change a setting, go to another setting, and come back to find the first setting had changed - and it hadn't reverted to the previous setting, just seemed to pick a random value.

I'd boot out, come back and hit default settings and start over. It gradually got worse and worse until it would not accept the "default settings" selection. Exact same problem with 2 Aorus master boards in a row, both got RMA'd back to NEWEGG.

fwiw

Witchy nice read, thanks for posting the write up. It really is amazing how far these chips have come in such a short time. I think you may need to calm yourself a bit though or gaming with that shiny new 9900k may not be the only thing you do with it. Raises hand to see Witchy put it under ice!!!!! :D
:muahaha:

Back