• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling budget case poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnceSaved

Hello everyone!
I am in the process of gathering parts for my first watercooling build and I've decided to switch to a case more suited for custom loops. So I'm going to list 3 cases I'm torn between. If you can please list your choice and why. My biggest concerns are cable management and rad support.

1. Nzxt h440 in white

2. Phanteks enthoo pro in white or black

3. Phanteks enthoo pro m in black

Personal experience with the case(s) in question would be immensely helpful.
Thank you in advance

With water cooling the bigger the case the better as you will not run into space problems.
It would help if we knew what you wanted to spend as well as we may be able to point out other cases that were overlooked.

I like Lian-Li case's my self, but they can get pricey. The old Lancool cases were cool, but I don't think they make them anymore. I know performance pc's still has a few.

I don't know anything about Phanteks so out of the 3 I would go for the h440.

Well I'm trying to stay as close to $100 as possible because this is kind of a splurge that the wife barely ok'd haha. The h440 seems to have issues with airflow if you leave the sound dampening in. The phanteks cases seem to be decently built for the price minus some fit and finish. I currently have the s340 for my amd build and I love it. I just don't want to get the h440 and kick myself for staying with a midtower instead of the enthoo pro full tower. I really want to make sure it hides the psu cables so there isn't extra clutter. And added hold down spots for the res is a nice bonus

Rad support is an easy one... you can go to their website and see exactly what it supports...look in the specs. ;)

Outside of that, I do not have any experience with the cases you listed, sorry.

Yea I've looked at their specs and all three cases I listed will hold the same rads so it's coming down to airflow. According to reviews the phanteks cases have better airflow but more noise. I think I'm going with the enthoo pro full tower based on the layout and extra res mount options. Just torn on white vs black haha

Agree the enthoo pro full tower has win written all over it

I have built in the H440, while you could do a nice loop in it the Phantek will provide a much better working environment.

just used a Phantek mITX on a build, was very happy with the overall quality of the box

I love the look of the mitx case from them! I can't believe how much room it has for rads and still run a full size psu. It may be my amd refresh.... haha but that's the decent future.
Why do companies charge soo much more for white cases?? It's literally $16 more for a color haha

That's gotta be a gorgeous build! Can it actually hole a 360 rad up top? I saw 3 slots but it only listed 240/280 on the site I was on

That realay is a gorgeous build. Man would I love to build rigs for people. I love building them more than I do using them haha

Thanks so much

Yes I enjoy building nice PC's

Most of the time I build face book /e-mailers.

They are not as much fun as building gaming rigs

Well first off. Thank you for your help and input on the case decision. It really helps to hear someone with some knowledge about the company at hand.

Second, how does one get started in the computer building profession? Do you work for a company or just self employed?

I am a plumbing and HVAC estimator.

I do this on the side, not enough jobs to make a living at this.

Not to mention I do not charge a lot of money to do it.

I will probably only make around $ 300.00 on this build

for a mitx face booker I only make around $ 150.00

I really just enjoy building them is all.

I am lucky, I live in a rather conservative area.

Most people around here still want conventional towers at home for their main PC.

Hope this is not too late but i have the Enthroo Pro Luxe case which is esentially the same as the Enthroo Pro PH-ES614P . The Luxe adds lights and i believe water pump bracket which i found usless. I put a 280 up top with some modification, but took it out for a 360 which will fit without modifying. I have two 180 fans in top. I did a little modifying to add flow indicator and temp gauge in lil side window. AS in pic i have posted. The case is a dream to mod ,u can almost completely take it apart because it is screwed together.

000_0177.JPG

The uv light came un tacked thats why it looks funky. Ps. Tell the wifey building pcs and modding and playing games is better than u out binge drinking with the guys.

Last edited:
Hahaha thanks for the reply!
I ended up going with the enthoo pro and absolutely love it.

Back